Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claytr1
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

BT email disappeared

Hi

Since BT mail has been revamped one of my email addresses no longer responds when I try to log in. I do not use it  often but it contains important info that I still need and several accounts are linked to it.

if it has been suspended how can I get it reactivated?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT email disappeared

Hi @claytr1 

Welcome to the Community!

Are you an active BT customer or paying £7.50 a month for Premium Mail?

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
claytr1
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

I’m a BT customer

0 Ratings
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 16

@claytr1 

Are you able to login to My BT, and see the account there (if it’s not the My BT email)

https://home.bt.com/secure/loginforward?view=mybt&redirectURL=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bt.com%2Fmybt

--
0 Ratings
claytr1
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Have logged in to My BT but account is not shown
0 Ratings
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 16

@claytr1 

Was this account paired with the active BT Account?

When did you last login?

Thanks

--
0 Ratings
claytr1
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

No I hadn’t paired it with BT account as have just only started reusing My BT recently and didn’t know about pairing accounts. As I said this email account isn’t used often but I have used it enough to have kept it running for at least 10 years. Can’t think when I last opened it but it is used to regularly download apps from another company
0 Ratings
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 16

Do you mean you only returned to being a paying BT customer recently?

Have you logged in, in the last 90 days. If not, the account may have been deactivated, see here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-email-address-been-suspended-or-de...

--
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

@claytr1wrote:
No I hadn’t paired it with BT account as have just only started reusing My BT recently and didn’t know about pairing accounts. As I said this email account isn’t used often but I have used it enough to have kept it running for at least 10 years. Can’t think when I last opened it but it is used to regularly download apps from another company

Hi.

If the email address isn't associated with a BTBroadband account or BT Premium Email, then it can be deleted at any time - even if you have logged into it at least once every 90 days. As has been said, if you've not actually logged into it for 90 days, then a further 60 days for reactivation - then it can be deleted.

The only way to get this checked is from a moderator. Hopefully they will see your post and invite you to contact them.

0 Ratings
claytr1
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Hmm. Not very helpful. How long has this been happening and how long have premium emails been around. I have been a paying customer of BT for over 20 years but don’t use My Bt unless there is a problem. I seem to be having more and more of these recently!

I hope that I can get to talk to a moderator because if this email has been deleted I need to know what to do next.
0 Ratings