Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rich1608
Contributor
Message 1 of 33

BT email down?

Hello

Is there currently a problem with btinternet.com email? Mine isn't working at all although broadband is fine. I tried logging in to use it via webmail and that doesn't work either. According to the status update line 0800-169-0199 there are no problems as of 16.45 today. It's doing exactly what it did the last time there was a major server problem.

Thanks

Richard

32 REPLIES 32
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 33

Re: BT email down?

Its ok in my area

0 Ratings
PeckhamRose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

According to some map I saw on Yahoo the whole of UK is down but I can not get my web based mail; it says there is an error.  Temporary Error 15.  Problem further is that I can not get one of my email addresses on Windows Live Mail or my phone anymore! So I have to get it via Web Based mail and today I can not even do that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 33

Are you on BTYAHOO Mail or were you migrated about 4yrs ago to BT MAIL?

are you still a bt broadband customer 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
rich1608
Contributor
Message 5 of 33

If I log in to webmail online I just get a blank screen with "SAML 2.0 Auto-POST form" in the header. That's what happened when there was a server problem last time. I am in Tunbridge Wells in Kent.

0 Ratings
PeckhamRose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 33

I am a BT Broadband customer; ie. email is xxxxxx@btinternet.com

0 Ratings
rich1608
Contributor
Message 7 of 33

I use BT Broadband and my email is @btinternet.com if that's any help. I also use a @Yahoo.com address and I can't access that either. Looks like there is a major system failure.

0 Ratings
RogerBlake
Beginner
Message 8 of 33

Email not working here either - Ewell, Surrey exchange. Neither webmail nor IMAP email works. Been a couple of hours at least.

0 Ratings
rich1608
Contributor
Message 9 of 33

The status update line now says there is a problem so BT are aware of it.

0 Ratings
manintheknow
Contributor
Message 10 of 33

Yup, my outlook and the webmail versions are both kaput.  Looks like a quiet evening.....