Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yorkyboy58
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 65

Re: BT email down?

JHooker6,

That happens to me every few months after BT has allegedly spotted suspicious activity on my email account. They have never sent me an email notifying this though. I usually  check my emails on IMAP and it’s only when I get an error message on there and that I try to login via webmail and a notification comes up saying the account has been suspended and that I need to set up a new password. Never happened in all the years I’ve had the internet until about a year ago and now it’s happened about 3 times in last 12 months

0 Ratings
Caz2366
Beginner
Message 32 of 65

I’m on hold to BT right now with exactly the same problem. So frustrating 

0 Ratings
PeckhamRose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 65

Just a bit of help and if I can find the right place to post this I shall.  If you are not getting emails coming through from web based mail to your email clients on your phone and Windows Live Mail for example, then go into your Web Based Mail and change the password.  This was advised to me by BT and guess what, it worked.  So now go back into the email client and change that email address's password as well, and the emails shall trickle forth. 

0 Ratings
greglee
Contributor
Message 34 of 65

Bt mail down again today a nightmare sick of the ongoing issues ..

0 Ratings
JockN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 65

Yip appears to be down for me tried all avenues.
0 Ratings
cray
Beginner
Message 36 of 65

I can't access my email either. But I can never find out how to see if this is a BT problem or my own computer. I wish they would put out a message
0 Ratings
andydenyer
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 65

Same here.  All other internet services working fine, but cannot access BT webmail.  I get this error:

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Fortunately, I have been able to open Outlook on my PC and view my emails that way (at the second attempt - at first that wouldn't work either and I had to close and re-open Outlook).
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 65

Are you actually receiving new mails or just seeing what you had already downloaded previously. I suspect the latter.

0 Ratings
keithp
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 65

In Scarborough, N Yorks - e mail down here.

0 Ratings
Del477
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 65

Same issue here. Connected to the net at 130Mbps, BT webmail times out but I am getting some emails through the Android BT App - last email arrived at 0911, but the test email I sent to myself hast shown up!

Be nice to get an update from BT...

0 Ratings