cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 21 of 41

Re: BT email fails on Mac: new story

I have three ways of accessing my emails: online at BT.com (email) in my Mac, on my iphone, and on my Mac via its Mail. app. The messages were disappearing in all three. Now the. whole system has failed and I am not seeing any mail sent from any device on any device. Thanks for taking part in this, but I have no way of knowing whether you will receive this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 41

You should take up the moderators offer to help.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 23 of 41

I have repeatedly said that I have not been receiving emails in my bt account since changing my password (which I have also changed on both my devices). I have, however, now received this one from you. It is too late here in the UK for me to do any more tonight. I shall resume tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 24 of 41

Dear DanielS, It got too late last night (UK time), and today I had to be at an academic seminar all morning and at my doctor’s surgery in the afternoon. May I take up your kind offer of checking my system when I get back at about 17:00 or a little later? Should I run an anti-virus check first?

Michael Graubart.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 41

You just need to click on Daniel's name then click 'View Profile'. You will then be presented with a screen like the one below, click on the 'Click here to contact the mods' link and complete the form. One of the mods will then contact you in a day or two to discuss the problem.

mods2.jpg

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 26 of 41

Many thanks. I have done what you advised and have received a message of acknowledgement from BT Support. In the meantime things have got more complicated. Despite my having asked one of my contacts to send emails to my btinternet address to test the system, and also having sent some myself from my gmail account, I have not received a single one of these since 19 November — except for that acknowledgement from BT Support. It therefore occurred to me that when Support sends me a further email, presumably via btinternet, I might not receive it; so this morning I tried to reply to the acknowledgement message, giving Support my gmail address as an alternative route. (The email from Support was not shown as from a no-reply address.)

As I was away from my desk, I did this from my phone. My email was not sent, but went into the Outbox, and the gearwheel signifying 'Sending' continued to spin indefinitely. After various attempts to stop it, I finally deleted my BT mail account from my phone and tried to set it up again. This failed, so I tried a second time, only to be told that it had already been set up. But it is not shown in the list of mail accounts.

I am now back at my desk, and in Mail on my desktop Mac the BT mail account is now shown with the exclamation-point symbol against it, indicating a fault. Whether the BT Yahoo system is in fact suffering a fault, or whether this is all part of my individual problem with btinternet I have not established.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 27 of 41

The situation has changed again. In Mail.app the 'error' exclamation-point against Btinternet is still there and no email sent to my btinternet since 19/11/2018 is shown. The same is true on my iPhone: I finally managed to re-install my bt mail account, but nothing since 19/11/18 is shown. But now recent emails are shown in bt webmail online.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 41

Hi @Michael_Graubart,

Thanks for taking the time to complete that for me.

You're near the top of the queue so I'll pick it up today and get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 29 of 41

Thank you very much, DanielS. May I ask you to note my last post above? The fact that btinternet emails are now getting through — temporarily or sustainably? — online but not on my Mac suggests a MacOS problem. But that they are failing to get through on both Mac and phone suggests a more general problem. I look forward toyour help.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 30 of 41

I don't believe this! I have just gone back to my bt email webpage, and one of the messages received there an hour or two ago has disappeared!

0 Ratings