cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vincenzo67
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT email in Outlook 2013

Hi I'm trying to set up BT mail in Outlook and have tried every conceivable configuration with no success. Any help would be great as I'm completely stumped.

FYI i've tried automatic configuration, IMAP, POP3 and manual settings using BT mail settings and Yahoo settings.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT email in Outlook 2013

Set the account up manually using the settings here

0 Ratings
vincenzo67
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi I've already tried these settings. I've also deleted office and reinstalled it again. Still nothing.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Can you access your email here

0 Ratings
vincenzo67
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Yes I can log in online using a browser but can't get it working in Outlook. That is now on 2 different laptops.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Just to verify it is a general mail client problem rather than Outlook specific, could you just try creating the account in either Thunderbird or Claws mail to see if they work.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@vincenzo67wrote:

Hi I'm trying to set up BT mail in Outlook and have tried every conceivable configuration with no success. Any help would be great as I'm completely stumped.

FYI i've tried automatic configuration, IMAP, POP3 and manual settings using BT mail settings and Yahoo settings.

Hi.

Do you happen to use any other devices to check for emails, like smartphones or tablets? If so, can you stop them from auto-checking emails. That can sometimes prevent other clients from setting up the email account as the account can appear to be locked.