Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT email login via Safari

Go to solution

Suddenly, out of the blue,  I can log into BT but not to my email accounts.  Each time I try the email login, using Safari, I get the message that Safari couldn't open this page  :

https:/signin1.bt.com/siteminderagent/forms/login/fcc.   

and that I should try again later.  

Can anyone tell me what this means and how I may get access once more to my accounts.

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT email login via Safari

Go to solution
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks very much for the tip – I installed Edge and it worked! 

Fortunately, I still had email access via iPad and iPhone but if I had been relying solely on the iMac – what a disaster! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Instead of using a web browser you could try using an email client/app. This is what you are using when you access your email on your iPad and iPhone so you should be familiar with its method of working and no doubt find it better than using webmail.

Your computer will most likely already have an Mail client/app installed and will just need setting up.

If you set it up as an IMAP account it will synchronise with your iPhone and iPad, assuming they are also set up as IMAP accounts.

If your email client/app does not set it up automatically, the settings you need are here.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Using a client is all well and good, but doesn't alter the fact that the BT webmail has had this issue since Thursday morning. With no actual communication from BT to confirm the issue, or if they are doing anything about it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@ras_undy wrote:

Using a client is all well and good, but doesn't alter the fact that the BT webmail has had this issue since Thursday morning. With no actual communication from BT to confirm the issue, or if they are doing anything about it.

Nobody said it did alter the fact "BT webmail has had this issue since Thursday morning".  It was put forward as a suggestion to the OP of this thread in order to assist her/him to access their email without having to use webmail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, I think you are quite right and it was the way I handled email on all Apple devices until suddenly the account dropped out of the iMac about a year ago - maybe after an 'upgrade'!  I tried to reinstall it but met, I think, the same problem others have highlighted - my iCloud account login etc is the same as the BT account.....  So the computer's response is always "The account already exists".  Sorting it out and following advice was beyond my confidence level and patience.

I suppose I could have taken the Mac to the Apple store, which is just a couple of miles away, but it was no real problem to log in using Safari - until last week.  

I'm finding I quite like Edge!

Thanks for the time to reply and for listing the steps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I am having the same problems with my MacBook Pro running the latest Catalina, 10.15.6 but no problems with the iPad so iOS is ok 

Have had an update to Safari on the MacBook 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Clear the history and cookies from your browser and try again to see if that helps.

0 Ratings