cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephenbeer
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT email suddenly not available on Apple devices but webmail ok

Hello - I noticed yesterday and today my iPhone and MacBook mail apps not able to send or receive emails from my btinternet email address but accessible via BT.com website webmail page.

I know this can be an occasional problem but curious its happened on both devices at the same time. Is this a general problem happening right now?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
mwl001
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT email suddenly not available on Apple devices but webmail ok

Is it your main BT account that has the issue? I have the same problem (although on Outlook and my android phone) and 2 other people have mentioned the same issue on here.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

It is a BT server problem which has been going on for some time and the best advice when it happens is to do nothing, especially do not change passwords or delete the account from your phone/device as that can cause more problems than it solves.

The first thing to do when it happens is check to see if you can log on to your email account via a web browser. If you can there is obviously nothing wrong with your password or account hence the advice to do nothing. It usually resolves its self in a day or two.

You should also check that your devices are using the correct server settings.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/updating-your-bt-email-settings

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
stephenbeer
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Yes main account - or all accounts I think!. I see the advice to do nothing for the time being apart from check settings.
0 Ratings
stephenbeer
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you. That's good advice to double check the settings.
0 Ratings