Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahh13
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT email suddenly not working on Outlook and iphone

Go to solution

Hoping someone can suggest something - I know this has cropped up alot in the past and the advice always seems to be wait a couple of days and it'll come back - but it hasn't worked for me so far!

My BT email was fine, then from Sunday I stopped receiving or being able to send anything both on Outlook and on my iphone just for one email address (other BT addresses are fine). Web mail is working, so no issues with passwords etc.

Online chat kept telling me it was outlook's problem - which it can't be since my phone isn't working either. Eventually they said they had sent it to the email technical team and I should ring them, I haven't rang yet as I needed to catch up with two days work missed trying to fix this!

The message on my phone says it can't connect to the server. Outlook kept just asking for my log in and password, then when entered just popped up asking again. I have deleted my account on Outlook as advised ny online chat and now can't set it up again.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try please!?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
sarahh13
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT email suddenly not working on Outlook and iphone

Go to solution

After checking the forum for answers again, I have just changed my password in webmail - AND IT WORKED! 

All fine - why the online chat didn't tell me that in the first place I don't know.

0 Ratings
shadders
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT email suddenly not working on Outlook and iphone

Go to solution

Hi BT Team,

This issue needs to be made sticky.

BT need to acknowledge that their system corrupts the password hash, and it is NOT the CUSTOMERS fault, but due to poor operational processes and design within BT.

How many times has this issue arisen, and people report that BT tells them it is the CUSTOMERS fault, when it is in fact, BT's fault.

Regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings