cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen1
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

BT email suspended - was I migrated across correctly by BT?

I have had problems with BT email for months now whenever I try to log in to BT.com and enter username and password.  I used this frequently (2-3/times week) and then suddenly the next week (this started some months ago) the message was 'sorry as your BT broadband service is ending your BT mail service will also be closing. To find out how please visit BT.com. '     As soon as this message appeared I contacted BT - was on phone ages. They told me it was a technical issue and don't worry. A month later it was still there so contacted them again, told someone from BT mail would call back within 48 hours. - no call back. Again I contacted BT and raised the issue through a web chat and was told everything was fine so now I am shocked and disgusted when I rang yesterday again to hear that my BT email address will only be available through client service like iPad/iPhone and I won't have access via BT.com.  My husband is the primary account holder and I have a sub-account and we have phone and broadband with BT.  I now have to wait 48 hours for a tier 2 person to ring to probably say it is suspended and nothing they can do.I am totally fed up with BT.  I have had this email address for the last 20 years and don't want to lose it thanks to BT's incompetencies .

Another forum guy had the same issue and this was because BT had not migrated him across correctly.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT email suspended - was I migrated across correctly by BT?

You don't need to log in to BT.com to get your email, you can login directly at this link https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform Did your husband 'gift' your email account to you when you were migrated? Have you got your own BTID?

The advisor was talking complete tosh about only accessing via a client. Your mail is either accessible by any means or its not accessible at all, there is no halfway house.

0 Ratings
Karen1
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Hi

yes that link you sent is the link I have always used and there was never any problem until about March of this year.  Both my husbands and I email addresses have been active for many years - he didn't do anything different when there was a migration from yahoo to btinternet - he just kept things as they were.  His one is absolutely fine.  I can still get emails on iPad on the blue envelope app but cannot log in to that link you mentioned - I was told last night it has been suspended because I haven't logged in for a while but as I explained it's difficult to do so when I physically can't and no one at BT tier 1 can fix.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

First of all, can you confirm you have actually been migrated to BTMail. You can check here to make sure http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker  Can you try both your and your husband's addresses.

0 Ratings
Karen1
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Hi

That link you sent says 'time out waiting for a response' (could you pls check that is the correct link) but I clicked on email section and put my husbands in which ends with a btinternet.com and he gets a green tick. I put my address in also ending with a btinternet.com and it says 'there is a problem with that email, contact BT'.  I spoke to a guy this morning  from India (tier1) who took over my PC and he was perplexed why I am getting this message. Still waiting for a tier 2 person to call.  Got no confidence anyone will call me so I am stuck to my phone for the next day and a half.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

The link is correct, but strangely it appears to append some extra characters to the url when clicked. If you copy and paste it into a browser bar it works ok. After the green tick, what email service did it say your husband's address was using, BTYahoo or BTMail?

0 Ratings
Karen1
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

I'm pretty certain he has a btinternet.com account.  When I use that link you supplied and put in his details it comes up with 'what help do you want'? doesnt actually say internet or yahoo.  However,   I remember changing all my settings on my ipad at the time of migration and removing yahoo and entering btinternet which is maybe why it works on my ipad/iphone and not when entering  the bt email login page.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Both systems are btinternet.com addresses. If you copy the link rather than click on it or truncate it so that it ends in Checker you should see this screen. The next steps to try will depend on which system you are on.

mailtype.jpg

0 Ratings
Karen1
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

Thanks - got it!

we are both on BT mail service (see below)

Help with your Email

Your BT Email service

You are on the BT Mail service

Please click on the link below to navigate you to BT Mail help.

BT Mail email help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Did your husband 'gift' you your email address after you were migrated to BTMail? I'm still on the BTYahoo service so don't have any direct experience of how to achieve that. This link should help though. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44858/c/346 I'm not sure of the consequences of not gifting accounts, but could possibly be the problem you are experiencing.

0 Ratings