Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EurIng
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT internet mail address - password reminder

Smiley Mad

We have two BTinterent emial addresses and keep getting endless reminders on the screen to re-enter our usermanes &Smiley Mad password.

Im not sure why this is but how can I stop it once and for all?

Regards

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT internet mail address - password reminder

This is a recurring problem when using an email client with BT Yahoo! Mail so I assume you've not been migrated to the new BT Mail yet. It usually rights itself but can sometimes be corrected simply by logging in once to webmail.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
st-clares
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

I absolutely detest web mail as we have 1 BT main and 4 BT sub accounts and I use Windows Live Mail which isn't an insignificant Mail Client, with more than one email address it is difficult and time consuming to use web mail.

There must be millions of BT customers who use this software.

We regularly at some time in almost every day experience login problems when accessing our emails.

All the user names, passwords and settings etc.  have not been changed.

So why oh why on earth cannot BT sort out their systems so they work properly.

I was advised to use ports 995 for incoming mail and 465 for out-going mail, this made absolutely no differnce at all.

Some days I have spent half a day waiting for important incoming mail to be received, it would almost have been quicker by Snail Mail.

BT get yor proverbial finger out please. You are one of the worlds largest communication businnesses but are one of the worst companies to be able to communicate with either on the phone by voice contact or the internet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

As PP has said, this has been going on for years. Just keep hitting F5 until it connects. Or F9 if using Outlook

0 Ratings
Highlighted
st-clares
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Well isn't it about time they sorted this problem out. I wasn't aware that hitting  F5 would sort it out.

Until I next have a problem logging in to my emails I am very sceptical it will work. Time will tell.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@st-clares wrote:

Well isn't it about time they sorted this problem out.

They are. It's one of the problems with BT Yahoo! Mail which should be resolved on transfer to the new BT Mail, as I thought I indicated in my previous post; it's an ongoing process with customers being transferred in batches. I've been on BT Mail for a while and haven't had the password reminder since, though to be honest it didn't bother me often on the old system.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings