cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobcat1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT internet rejecting email

This has happened before and it's started again.

My brother lives in France and some of the emails he sends to my @btinternet.com  address have been bouncing back to him.

I would like to know what the message he receives means and what I should do. I can understand the French but is it suggesting that BT is blocking his address for some reason?:

Nous sommes desoles de vous informer que votre message n a pas pu etre remis a un ou plusieurs de ses destinataires. Ceci est un message automatique genere par le serveur mwinf1d11.orange.fr. 
Merci de ne pas y repondre.

This is the mail system at host mwinf1d11.orange.fr
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients.

The mail system

<cdxxxxxxxr@btinternet.com>: host btinternet.com[213.12x.6x.xx] said: 571
Broadband Provider / Domain Registrar to do this, we will be unable to deliver email until this is done due to the volume of email being sent from this IP address. Our Postmaster will be unable to help you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT internet rejecting email

Although the bounce is by BTinternet, it's blocking the Orange system - possibly too high a settings for abuse

However, your brother needs to speak to them (Orange).

Better still, get a Gmail address and use that so your brother can email you.

0 Ratings
Bobcat1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Many thanks.
0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Gmail via webmail works fine just like BT Yahoo webmail but trying the Gmail app on smartphone results in failure again - just like with all the other e-mail clients -

Is there anyone out there who has an e-mail client that is working correctly via IMAP into BT Yahoo ?

Can anyone disprove that it is the password sync on the BT SMTP servers that is causing the problem?

I tried the recommended shutdown of all clients - even uninstalled some - changed password via webmail and left for over 12 hours before starting up clients - guess what ? First client failed as did subsequent ones.

Does anyone have contacts into BT product management - if so please will you highlight this as a major ongoing issue - and ask them to put out a notice acknowledging the problem - and get them to train the various support teams - who are either being kept in the dark or are less than competent.

0 Ratings
Bobcat1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

How is this relevant to the question I posted at the top?

Different topic? Different thread?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gmail via webmail works fine just like BT Yahoo webmail but trying the Gmail app on smartphone results in failure again - just like with all the other e-mail clients -

Is there anyone out there who has an e-mail client that is working correctly via IMAP into BT Yahoo ?

Can anyone disprove that it is the password sync on the BT SMTP servers that is causing the problem?

I tried the recommended shutdown of all clients - even uninstalled some - changed password via webmail and left for over 12 hours before starting up clients - guess what ? First client failed as did subsequent ones.

Does anyone have contacts into BT product management - if so please will you highlight this as a major ongoing issue - and ask them to put out a notice acknowledging the problem - and get them to train the various support teams - who are either being kept in the dark or are less than competent.

0 Ratings