cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanNB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 54

Re: BT is blocking my forwarded emails !

On with Netnames now. Apparently with BT mail changes Netnames have had to change IP addresses at their end to get BT to accept domain e mail and that I am told will happen when BT receive enough e mail from Netnames customers for them to accept the new IP addresses as legitimate. The man I spoke to couldn't confirm the time lag but thought it could be another 48 hours. 

All other e mail providers are unaffected so that's possibly the cue to switch!

He did also remind me that you have to change the e mails that aliases are forwarded to too. Not just the main landing e mail address for forwarded mail.

midlander4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 54

This is really helpful - so we are saying the problem is definitely at BT's end (rather than me holding on the phone for another 2 hours to get a response from Easily whose support lines seem to be overwhelmed)...?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
IanNB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 54

Yes, if Easily have cottoned on to the problem then apparently you have to wait it out while they and BT get on the same page.

I now seem to have e mails from the same domain going to BT and Hotmail though not the same messages. They seem to be splitting. No clue why as the forwarding has been changed. Not like I have a business to run or anything. Ho hum 

midlander4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 54

Update... just got through on the phone to a remarkably helpful and clued-up support at Easily.co.uk. Yes they do know all about the problem that is very widespread. Yes, there was a mail server changeover at the end of last week and BT haven't got on top of this.
So in the short term I'm not going to keep barking at Easily, but leave it to BT to get their act together. Like you, it's been great spending 8 hours+ over the weekend on this issue when I have a small business to keep afloat.
spackhead
Contributor
Message 45 of 54

Thanks Ian

so it is BT blocking NetNames again without any warning then

Do not know who is in charge of making that call, but anyone who thinks that one of the leading companies for domains could be just blocked, especially after they did this a few years back as well, is someone who certainly should not have a job

Mind you as no one from BT has even been bothered to post anything all weekend in reply to any of our questions, they obviously do not care about their customer base

Still its only my weekend gone and all the emails on friday to me on Friday bouncing.

Thanks again BT

IanNB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 54

Totally. They just joined O2 on my "over my dead body list" when it comes to renewal season. BT Sport or no. Reliable e mail somewhat more important to me than getting Burnley v Stoke for free. Isn't this what happens to big old companies when they diversify - the core customer goes to hell.
midlander4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 54

Tuesday update... still not receiving emails forwarded from Easily.co.uk to btinternet. Anyone else?

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 54

Hi Guys,

I'm really sorry to see you're all having issues forwarding your email. I have raised this with the email team for further investigations and we'll post back here when we know more.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
spackhead
Contributor
Message 49 of 54

thanks Neil

0 Ratings
Brian29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 54

I have just had this post pointed out to me.

I use Easily for email forwarding and lost all incoming emails around 1100 on Friday 25th July.

I did a search on this forum for email forwarding but that was before someone bumped this post up (from its 2010 origins).

I started to receive a trickle (about 10% to 20% of normal traffic) in the very early hours of Sunday.

Having spent many an hour on online chats and phone calls to BT I was told today by second level support that I can no longer do this email forwarding!

However, Easily told me this afternoon that they are working with BT engineers on resolving the problem.

The trickle is now more of a flow probably (well over 50%) so hope everyone else is finding the same.

Very frustrating though - especially as some senders report not receiving any delivery failure messages.

I look forward to NeilO's findings.