cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 18

BT loses emails of "extremely vulnerable" person

Last week I got "extremely vulnerable" letter from NHS and gave NHS my BT email for contact. Afterwards I logged in to BT email to find BT had lost every email in my In Box from 21 to 26 March. Of course I checked trash etc. Eventually got through by phone to BT who said in current circs could take 4/5 working days to try to recover lost emails. I 'd like to know if any other person who registered with the "extremely vulnerable" website got any emails from NHS during the past week giving further instructions on what to do/ what will happen next. Thanks

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT loses emails of "extremely vulnerable" person

@Anonymous 

Was this a letter in the post that you received, or an email?

If it was an email, then its most likely a scam as there lots of them doing the rounds, and trying to get personal info from people.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 18

It is not scam. I have lung disease and was expecting letter. It was letter from NHS with correct NHS number

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

@Anonymous wrote:

It is not scam. I have lung disease and was expecting letter. It was letter from NHS with correct NHS number

If it was a physical letter, then that is fine.

As for losing your email, I assume you are a current BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

@Keith_Beddoe 

came as pdf file and not scam

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

@imjolly wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe 

came as pdf file and not scam

So it did come by email and was not delivered by Royal Mail?

You may be in a better position to help the OP, as I cannot see how it could have resulted in loss of email.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

it was for someone else which I got a copy it was 9 pages!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 18

Sorry but you are just not getting it so I'll try again

1. People with certain health conditions are classified as "extremely vulnerable" by NHS.  NHS said it would be sending letters to them.

2. I was expecting such a letter and got it last week. It contained lots of instructions. One dealt with what to do if you needed help (eg someone to collect medication) and gave website on which to register for such help. I registered and as it asks for email address gave my BT email address.

3. Subsequent to this I logged into BT email. It was then I found nothing in my IN BOX after 20 March ( but I know that when I had logged in previous day there had been emails after 20 March, so BT had lost emails after 20 March)

4. It really needs someone who has also registered on "extremely vulnerable" website to answer my question. Which is has there been any email during past week giving additional instructions  to those of us who have registered? If you are not an extremely vulnerable person, or have not registered then there is really no point your trying to answer

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

My question was relating to the loss of emails. Are you a current BT Broadband customer?

If so, did you check to see if any emails had ended up in the spam folder?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

So just to be clear, are you only interested if another vulnerable person has received any emails regarding further instructions and you are not interested in trying to fix or find out why your previously received emails and any subsequent emails from 20th March have gone missing from your inbox.