Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT loses emails of "extremely vulnerable" person

Or have you recently accessed your email on another device such as smartphone/tablet that has the email app configured as POP3?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 18

No. All I have is a laptop and that is the only thing on which I have accessed BT mail

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 18

I did not lose or delete them. BT lost them for me. Thanks for trying to help  but as A. you do not appear to be classed as "extremely vulnerable" and B. you have not registered on the NHS website you are not really in a position to answer my question which is whether NHS emailed those who registered and if so what did NHS say

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Would I be correct in assuming that you want the "lost" email back because if you do there are people here, not least the people who have already replied to you that can try and help make that happen.

If you do not want them back then I suggest that we all just leave this thread in the hope that some other "extremely vulnerable" person reads this and responds.

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

If you want help recovering the lost emails this is the place to post, if you want to make contact with somebody in the same position to find out what they received this is hardly the place to do it. Either use social media or more appropriate forum with a wider audience.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

@Anonymous 

You need to find the letter as the one I read had a personal CHI number which you needed to quote if you needed to phone the NHS for help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 18

@Anonymouswrote:

Last week I got "extremely vulnerable" letter from NHS and gave NHS my BT email for contact. Afterwards I logged in to BT email to find BT had lost every email in my In Box from 21 to 26 March. Of course I checked trash etc. Eventually got through by phone to BT who said in current circs could take 4/5 working days to try to recover lost emails. I 'd like to know if any other person who registered with the "extremely vulnerable" website got any emails from NHS during the past week giving further instructions on what to do/ what will happen next. Thanks

Hi, so sorry to hear of this issue.

As an interim help, can you say if you're on BTYahoo or BTMail? Login to webmail will show a Yahoo branding top left if BTYahoo.

If you're on BTYahoo, then do look at the link Keith posted in message 12 of this topic thread, or here it is :-

https://www.bt.com/help/emailrecovery

down the page it gives the information and a further link for BTYahoo recovery of emails.

It looks like a very poor unfortunate coincidence that this has happened, and couldn't be at a worse time for you. Hopefully someone in a similar situation can reply saying if they have had any recent emails that you may have not received.

Please, before leaving the forums - have a look at the recovery option.

0 Ratings