Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MISTER
Message 1 of 5

BT mail 46 emails vanished

Go to solution

Hello,

On Saturday the 13th of May I had a problem with my email. I was using the BT mail website directly from a browser. I had created a separate folder to put some sent emails in. I had a problem where any sent emails in folders would not display the name of the recipient. Instead, they would only say the name of the sender (my own name: this is another problem in itself!) which is useless to me. Realising that the only way to get the recipient to display was to move them back to the sent box I proceeded to do so. However, they seem to have somehow got lost inbetween the folder and the sent box. It was around 46 emails. This was 2 days ago and they are still nowhere to be seen. They are not in that folder and they are not in the sent box. I even checked deleted emails/spam etc in case. Can someone help me with this problem?

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT mail 46 emails vanished

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @MISTER

Have you checked the deleted folder?

You may find it an advantage to use an email client like Thunderbird, configured as IMAP. That will then copy all of your folders to your computer, and that will make it easy to locate any missing ones.

There is an ongoing issue with email at the moment.

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status_consumer/a_id/43508#ans_43508

0 Ratings
MISTER
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

I have now located them. They were in a folder called 'sent messages' which isn't actually my sent box. I am unsure if I created this or if it is a default folder that exists? It seems strange that a folder called 'sent messages' would exist which isn't the sent box. When I select messages and select 'move to' the actual sent box does not appear as an option. The only option that appears is the inbox which it makes no sense to move them to. Do you know if there is a way to get them to go back to the sent box, or just to make the recipient appear instead of my own name so I don't have to? 

Thank you for your help 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MISTER
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

EDIT:

I have now solved the issue. Previously my folders did not display in windows 10 mail. I just right clicked my email address on the left hand side and changed the syncing settings to the most frequent possible and now they seem to all be there. They also show the recipient rather than the sender so they're easier to understand. 

Thank for your help  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

The sent box does exist, and should contain copies of the emails that you have sent.

With webmail its not easy to move messages around, which I why I suggested running an email client as well, as that makes it much easier to move stuff around, and also to see the folder structure.

An email client configured as IMAP, would mirror what is on the mail server, including any deleted or spam folders.

0 Ratings