Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT mail password emial client software

Go to solution

Hi All,

Why oh why is it that every time I try to log in using Thunderbird (or any other email client for that matter) that it keeps saying incorrect username or password. I have a few btinternet email addresses and it always happens for at least one of them.

The only way I can overcome it is to log in to web mail and then out and then try and get emails using the Thunderbird.

It is annoying enough to make me think about moving email to another provider.

Also when I logged in to the web mail this morning I was switched to the new Yahoo mail and the contacts tab doesn't work, no contacts displayed and I have java enables on my browser. I just get a blank page. This happens if I use safari on a mac or IE on Windows.

These may be minor issues but they are annoying and I think show poor quality.

I have tried lots of things differing browsers, email clients, on windows or mac and still the same so this is more of a moan but do any of the moderattos have any suggestions.

Ade

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT mail password emial client software

Go to solution
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Sounds like the long-standing problem some users have had with BT Yahoo! and extensively reported on this forum. It often puts itself right, but the better news is that BT are in the process of ditching Yahoo!

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

hoo ray,

I hope they hurry up with the change because this morning I can't get my email using Thunderbird at all, keeps saying wrong password. If I try to sign in using the web page it just keeps asking me to verify my password again and again and again. This really is very poor quality!

0 Ratings