cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theydonboy
Message 3 of 3

BT mail search extreme and constant problems since website upgrade

I have been having intermittent, often extreme problems using BT mail search facility since the site upgraded to its current version. I am quite staggered that BT obviously don't consider this a problem, ie, BT has not fixed this, even though it's been going on for months, causing massive inconvenience.

Search is so vital -- my email is my storage system. In one thread of earlier replies to someone else posting on this problem, a rather sardonic contributor said, why was the person concerned using webmail anyway? Well, the simple answer to that is that BT webmail used to be superb and, for myself, I hotdesk at work and personal mail clients don't function on company machines.I also use internet cafes, or, staying with a friend, I might use their computer, so there are dozens of reasons why webmail should function -- and for the most part it is excellent.

So the puzzle remains, why is BT and its software programmers so oblivious to this major problem? It is a complete waste of time reporting the problem to BT's customer team because they aren't the ones who wrote this evidently glitchy software, and so take you round the houses with irrelevance -- ie, what operating system do you use, etc etc.

The only anomaly in all this, in my experience, is possibly to do with bandwidth. I suffer the problem rather less at work, where the connection is 75mb or so. So, what is the answer? It's not an individual problem, it's a corporate one and until it is solved (rather than the problem simply going away for a few days or weeks, as it often does), it will continue to cause heartache and massive loss of time. So BT, what's going on? Why have you not rewritten your search code since you upgraded the website?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
theydonboy
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT Yahoo Search problem solved -- Are you kidding? Problem continues NOT SOLVED!!

I have been having intermittent, often extreme problems using BT mail search facility since the site upgraded to its current version. I am quite staggered that BT obviously don't consider this a problem, and it's quite wrong that this thread has a solved tag on it, when it patently is not solved whatsoever. Search is so vital -- my email is my storage system. In one thread of replies, a rather sardonic poster said, why was the person concerned using webmail anyway, that it was poor. Well, the simple answer to that is that BT webmail used to be superb and, for myself, I hotdesk at work and personal mail clients don't function on company machines. My most frequent need to search webmail is searching for work bookings, and it can be disastrous not to be able to find emails. But the puzzle remains, why is BT so oblivious to this major problem? It is a complete waste of time reporting the problem to BT's customer team because they aren't the ones who wrote this evidently glitchy software, and so take you round the houses with irrelevance -- ie, what operating system do you use, etc etc. The only anomaly in all this, in my experience, is possibly to do with bandwidth. I suffer the problem rather less at work, where the connection is 75mb or so. So, what is the answer? It's not an individual problem, it's a corporate one and until it is solved (rather than the problem simply going away for a few days or weeks, as it often does), it's quite wrong to stick the word solved on a thread. This problem is NOT SOLVED

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Yahoo Search problem solved -- Are you kidding? Problem continues NOT SOLVED!!

theydonboy

It is the OP of a thread that marks it as solved NOT BT.

The OP of the thread you posted on marked it as solved because as far as he/she was concerened the problem was solved for him/her.

It may well be that you have a differnt problem and is not related to the problem that the OP of that thread had. As a result I have started a new thread for your problem.

0 Ratings