cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puggy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 41

Re: BT mail setup problems

DavidM, I sent a private message and wondered if you’ve received it. Do you have any advice on how to get the email to work? 

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 41

Hi @Puggy,

Thanks for posting. We're really busy at present but we have your details and will be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Kim70
Beginner
Message 33 of 41

Yes - tried everything. Deleted and added account (numerous times) All settings correct (& double checked by BT). Changed Pw (just to be sure) and can sign into email via web with no. Probs
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 41

Did you wait for at least 30 minutes after changing the password on webmail before trying to set up your email client?

0 Ratings
Kim70
Beginner
Message 35 of 41

Finally sorted!! Just an hour ago. Support call with BT every day.. they escalated it ‘to the engineers’ re: ‘scripts’ yesterday and hey presto - 20
Mins before my daily BT call, it started working again and they rang to check if the changes they made had worked... so I could confirm it had. This is all despite my first call to BT over a week ago saying that it was an Apple issue and not them - Anyway, all
sorted 👍
Kim70
Beginner
Message 36 of 41

Ps. To Community - thanks for your support... good to know you are not the only one with an issue
BUZBY0904
Message 37 of 41

David, just joined the forum and have had the same problem with setting up Outlook for my emails. Also the mail app on the iPhone stopped working, and despite calls to Microsoft (as directed by one of the BT helpdesk), reinstalling Win 10 and purchasing another version of MS office 2010, the only way to access my emails is via my BT account. To be honest after spending a fair bit of cash and time (ringing BT helpdesks etc) I am a little miffed as to why both apps stopped working. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
Puggy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 41

Congratulations Kim! 

I'm glad you’ve got it all working again, has anyone else had success? 

0 Ratings
Kim70
Beginner
Message 39 of 41

If of any help to others, it was the BT email helpline Level 2 team that had the right contacts to get the log checked and script changes done that made the difference for me. Text Contact is via 61 998. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 41

@Kim70wrote:

If of any help to others, it was the BT email helpline Level 2 team that had the right contacts to get the log checked and script changes done that made the difference for me. Text Contact is via 61 998. 

Did they say what the exact issue was? E.g. account corruption, locked out due to "potential security issues"?

0 Ratings