cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

BT mail

Go to solution

Just need some help please with BT Mail which I find is not the easiest email system to use.

I have too many emails in my Inbox so that is not helping BUT although I have folders set up I find if I try to select say a month of emails and drag into the folder the system simply freezes with no messages.

I am using the BT webmail .. is there an alternative system or an easier way to archive emails?

Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Beginner
Message 2 of 20

Re: BT mail

Go to solution

I should have added this BT Mail is on my desktop computer

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Have you tried decreasing the number of emails that you are trying to drag into your folder at any one time?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Many thanks for the reply.

Yes I have but no matter the number selected I can only do it once.

eg 30 selected and can drag into the backup folder but try another 1 or 30 and it freezes.

Need to find a way to reduce the emails in my inbox currently at 4000 but this select and drag method will not work as it should but of course I may be missing something hence my question on a better software from BT or other?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

After you have dragged the emails to the folder and before try to drag more have you tried using the "refresh" button, next to the compose button at the top of the email list.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Yes DS .. I did try that before and have just done so again and the same issue.

I have a good broadband connection and good speed but there does seem to be an issue with this method.

Any alternative options or re-install of BT Mail?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Not sure what you mean when you say "re-install" of BTMail.  You can not reinstall BTMail if you are using webmail on a web browser to access your email or are you using an email client?

If you are not already using and email client you could install one on your computer and set it up as an IMAP account. This will replicate and synchronise the folders that are on the BT servers.

If you then use the email client to move your emails from the inbox to your folders this will also happen on webmail

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Thank you DS ... no I do not have an email software programme on my computer as I only use the webmail.

What do you recommend I use? Do BT not have there own I can download and install?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

There are a few email clients that you could use. Thunderbird and Microsoft's Outlook email clients are the one that are probably used by the majority of email client users on this forum.

I personally use Thunderbird, which is free and find it meets my needs and is easily set up and is easy to use.

Most email clients more or less set themselves up but if you require to input any server settings the BT email ones are here.

What are the settings for outgoing and incoming BT Email servers? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

THANK YOU DS .. very helpful and I will take your advice and install Thunderbird and check the settings required. If this lets me archive the emails that will be good.

You said it will automatically do the same with the BT webmail? Is that correct?

Very helpful as I have obviously not understood how this all works.

0 Ratings