cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT messed up and continue to do so

5 Weeks ago I signed up to BT and was given an ID which was to be my email address.  For some reason unknown to me, by the time my go live date came around the sign up was cancelled within bt, totally unaware of this I telephoned on my go live day to enquire what was happening and was informed of the cancellation, the whole process was restarted.  Last monday was my new go live day and everything went as planned, parcels arrived and installation was carried out by myself with no problems - EXCEPT !!! not able to log into email, the address allocated day one had been deactivated by BT after the first application was cancelled, so now I have that email as MYBT login, but its not available as my primary email as its still linked to my first cancelled application!

To cut a very long story short I have had no email access despite having spent hours on the phone to CS operators in India for a full week to no avail, during which time the "manage my emails app" disapeared from MYBT!!!

Yesterday I did find a backdoor to the email system on this forum and managed to create an email which allowed me to login at long last but not with the email I have allready registered with every contact I could!

This is a totally stupid situation, compounded by the inept CS system - every time I have called I had had to explain in detail what my problem is, but got absolutely nowhere as the CS is not knowledge based, if your problem is not on the VDU you have no chance and what makes the problem even worse is they dont log the information on your account, so every call is treated as a new problem!

I thought coming back to BT after many years of absence would have been a good idea, proved to be wrong though, just as the wife said it would be! especially now having discovered that all the calling features provided free by other providers are charged for by bt!

Looks like I made a huge **bleep**ing mistake! only good thing to note is that BT are in breach of contract, so If I dont have satisfaction very soon I can tell them where to go and share my experience with the world at large - millions of talktalk customers are waiting to be pursuaded that BT is

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT messed up and continue to do so

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Hi dave36,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT ID/Email.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you with your email problems. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
dave36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Thanks, problem deepened today, got a call from account security yesterday confirming my finding that a server error was the cause of my problems and promising that it would be fixed today, that I would recieve a call to confirm the error was fixed and that my primary email would be available to me.

GUESS WHAT, I STAYED AROUND ALL DAY WAITING - NO CALL! the server not fixed and my primary email not available on the mail server!

Thats 7 days without service after waiting a full month to go live - a lesson to all, dont deal with a company with overseas CS and no knowledge based support, to add insult to injury the direct debit has been established and the first payment claimed by BT in advance for a service I dont have.

Take note of this - I identified the problem, not CS

I managed to get some access to email not CS

A week on I dont have the service I have started paying for, so why in hell are we paying people in india to read solutions from a pc screen and absolutely no ability to help customers from a position of knowledge other than screen prompts!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Contact NeilO as requested, and one of the forum moderators shoul be able to sort it out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dave36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

this is really getting stupid - 2 weeks on and still no resolution! and no access to my registered email.

my email appears in "manage  my emails" from the help section of email, but still remains inaccessable

manage my emails appkication on MY BT still missing

I am at the end of my tether after speaking to dozens of idiots on the phone - not their fault though - the sofware engineers have not included a fis for my problems in their prompts. I was called by a moderator from here who assured me that all would be fixed, needless to say his referal for action was ignored as well.

But speaking of fault - 2 weeks after going live and still no acceptable solution BT are in breach of contract - so the next call better be from someone in england with an offer I cant refuse!

Advice to anyone consider a move to BT get a homing pigeon! much more chance of staying in contact!

Which newspaper would like the transcripts of my chat sessions?? published and they would make a dent in the arrogance of BT support!

0 Ratings
dave36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Further to my earlier post - how come BT have started billing for the service I dont have? It like walking past a bus stop and having to pay for the bus I missed

totally unethical

0 Ratings
fatzdomingo
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

You'll probably find that in the small print, theyve given themselves the right to bill you even if you cannot get the service that you are contracted to and paying for. Time for someone to take them to task under "Unfair Contract Rules" probably!

0 Ratings
dave36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Niel0  perhaps you might come back to me, establishing contact with you last time at least resulted in me being able to talk to someone in UK!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi Dave36,

I am sorry to hear that your issue hasn't been sorted. I can see that Neil been dealing with your case and has been chasing this with the BT ID team. Neil is out of the office at the moment but I can see that he is due to follow up with you on the 4th.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings