cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 35

Re: BT "phishing@bt.com" rejecting forwarded phishing e-mails MODS ATTENTION, PLEASE!!

Go to solution

I've just sent a test email to phishing@bt.com without a problem.

If you think BT or any other ISP can totally eliminate spam and phishing emails, I'm afraid you are deluding yourself.

jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 35

Re: BT "phishing@bt.com" rejecting forwarded phishing e-mails MODS ATTENTION, PLEASE!!

Go to solution

As the original poster, I long gave up on pursuing this issue. The BT Phishing reporting process is completely unreliable, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I now just forward any problem e-mails to report@phishing.gov.uk which works every time and then delete the offending message. I’m not sure whether it’s just coincidence but since I started doing this there has been a very significant reduction in the number of phishing e-mails I receive: it’s down to about one or two a month from upwards of two or three a day.

JOHN

0 Ratings
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 33 of 35

Go to solution

Just had the same rejection from "phishing@bt.com" this morning, both by forwarding the suspect email and by attaching it to a new email,  so this problem is still on-going on 29th July.

Regards

Peter M

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 35

Go to solution

Probably simpler to just use report@phishing.gov.uk

John

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 35

Go to solution

I did not say anything about BT or any other ISP being able to totally eliminate spam e-mails, so nobody is deluded about anything. It would just be nice that something that BT opted to put in place and actively encourages people to use worked reliably all the time.

John

0 Ratings