cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 83

Re: BT "phishing@bt.com" rejecting forwarded phishing e-mails MODS ATTENTION, PLEASE!!

It appears to be working this morning. Forwarded an e-mail to phishing@bt.com and received the expected auto-response.

John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 12 of 83

Re: BT "phishing@bt.com" rejecting forwarded phishing e-mails MODS ATTENTION, PLEASE!!

Hi @jjgraphics,  thanks for the update the team responsible for the phishing email address had raised a ticket last week to get the problem investigated so good to hear it's now working ok for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 83

Spoke too soon. Bouncing back again this morning:

We could not deliver your message as the email provider of the person you were trying to send to has rejected it. If you have tried to send to multiple people, we have listed the people who did not get the message below and the reason.

Your message was rejected by smtpe1.intersmtp.com for the following reason:

5.5.0 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

The following recipients did not receive this message:

<phishing@bt.com>
Reporting-MTA: dns; re-prd-fep-043.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net
Arrival-Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 08:10:21 +0100
Received-From-MTA: dns; re-prd-rgout-004.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net (10.2.54.7)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <phishing@bt.com>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; smtpe1.intersmtp.com (213.121.35.71)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.5.0 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 14 of 83

Hi @jjgraphics I'm sorry about that, I've highlighted this to the team responsible for the phishing@bt.com email. 

Would it be possible for you to turn your Hub off for 10 mins then try forwarding the email again? I'm hoping this will result in you being assigned a different IP address and I'd like to rule that out as being the reason for the rejection.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 83

Will do later, but I'll have to wait for another phishing email to arrive to test.

John

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 16 of 83

@jjgraphics no problem, post back and let me know how you get on. 

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 83

After the hub re-start, the phishing reporting seems to be working correctly at the moment. We have forwarded several e-mails to phishing@bt.com over the last couple of days from two of our e-mail accounts and received the expected auto-response.

John

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 18 of 83

@jjgraphics wrote:

After the hub re-start, the phishing reporting seems to be working correctly at the moment. We have forwarded several e-mails to phishing@bt.com over the last couple of days from two of our e-mail accounts and received the expected auto-response.

John

Thanks @jjgraphics 

Good to see things are working now.  If you have any more problems you know where we are.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 83

@RobbieMacwrote:

@jjgraphicswrote:

John

Thanks @jjgraphics 

Good to see things are working now.  If you have any more problems you know where we are.

Cheers,

Robbie

This clearly shows that your system needs investigating to remove this IP checking.

0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 83

There is no IP checking in my system.

John

0 Ratings