cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT rejecting all emails from our server as SPAM

I'm the administrator of various servers for different clients, one of my clients has contacted me saying that some their customers have not be receiving order confirmations from the website. Having looked at the servers maillog I can see that BT domains are bouncing all of our emails as SPAM when in reality the emails are nothing more than a simple order confirmation.

I suspect for some reason that our servers IP has been blacklisted although I've no idea why as it is fully SPF, DMARC & DKIM complaint.

I've contacted BTs postmaster who has asked for copies of my clients customers emails which obviously I don't have, and I would be in breach my clients confidentiality and my clients customers confidentiality if I disclosed them.

How should I proceed?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT rejecting all emails from our server as SPAM

Hi,

The following may be of help :

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-E-mail-Servers-Rejecting-e-mails-From-Bona-Fide-Businesses/m-p/...

BT may have changed something.

Regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

@Unix_Guy wrote:

I'm the administrator of various servers for different clients, one of my clients has contacted me saying that some their customers have not be receiving order confirmations from the website. Having looked at the servers maillog I can see that BT domains are bouncing all of our emails as SPAM when in reality the emails are nothing more than a simple order confirmation.

I suspect for some reason that our servers IP has been blacklisted although I've no idea why as it is fully SPF, DMARC & DKIM complaint.

I've contacted BTs postmaster who has asked for copies of my clients customers emails which obviously I don't have, and I would be in breach my clients confidentiality and my clients customers confidentiality if I disclosed them.

How should I proceed?

Hi.

This happens from time to time, and as yet BT have given no explanation as to why it suddenly starts - which I assume it has for you (or your clients), where previously there was no issue.

Frankly the postmaster doesn't particularly do anything properly investigate, and expects every single list operator to jump through hoops that they have put in place. As I keep saying, they can't expect the 10s of 1000s of people to contact the postmaster.

The postmaster needs to see why this problem occurs, and why it was fine at a previous date etc. I believe their configuration is set too aggressive or similar, or they are acting on spurious anti-spam measures.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

The postmaster(s),

Have told me to check that our server is not on any spam blacklists which I obviously checked before I'd even contacted them. As per usual with most BT related problems they offer little to no help.

BT seems to be in a very sad state these days, their front line 'support' which is predominantly based in India is a total waste of time (and money) when needing anything even slightly technical.

It's a real shame to see the once great and proud "British Telecom" outsourcing their support to a team that act more as a 'firewall' in actively preventing BT customers from reaching the real support they need.

This is without doubt a BT problem, and I have absolutely no way of resolving it without BTs help. Customers order confirmation  emails are to this day still being blocked by BT.

We will now be forced to add a website notice telling all of our customers that due to a problem at BT causing BT emails to blocked they will not be able to receive their order confirmation details. Please contact postmaster@btinternet.com for assistance or use a non BT email address.

0 Ratings