cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 46

Re: BT rejecting emails from our servers

@designextremewrote:

"Contact your host"? Andy, perhaps don't contribute to this conversation. You've missed a few key facts...

1. No matter which domain is used, it returns the same error - I have extensive logs all consistently showing same error;
  2. The big one: "Steve" from postmaster@btinternet.com finally replied to say that there was a block on a range of IPs - not just mine.

Replies mentioning anything other than how to remove this massive overreach of a block; communicating with a hidden department that choses to reply to one email every six weeks... are not going to be helpful.

You are only blaming one end, and are not even seeking other help. You are not the host.

You've missed the fact that BT can block whatever they want - where does it say they can't? The internet is a network of "trusted" connections - and if one (or any) can't be trusted for whatever reason, then private companies can block it. End of.

0 Ratings
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 32 of 46

@Andy_N 

They are a web hosting company, among other products.

0 Ratings
designextreme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 46

I will do what I need to do to resolve this matter. If it means taking BT to a county court, then so be it. We can let a judge decide what is fair and what is not rather than the clearly biased views on here.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 46

@NoSirItWasntMewrote:

@Andy_N 

They are a web hosting company, among other products.

I know that but it's their host, not them.

https://ipinfo.io/144.76.24.9

0 Ratings
designextreme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 46

The "change IP" argument is flawed. I have no way to test potential new IPs in advance of a transfer. Additionally, it is simply insulting that I have to perform any substantial change here purely because the postmaster is unresponsive or unable to action a perfectly reasonable request that is affecting many thousands of legitimate emails over an extended period of time.

0 Ratings
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 36 of 46

@designextreme 

Did you try the phone number I pointed you to earlier? 

If not, there is no point carrying on this conversation. This is a BT customer to customer forum, getting snarky won't help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 46

You are not even a BT customer so I fail to see how a Small Claims County Court is going to allow your claim to progress when BT can block which ever IP addresses it chooses and you would appear not to have perused the problem with your hosting company but as I said, please keep this thread updated.

0 Ratings
designextreme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 46

Of course I've tried the phone numbers, many times and it always hits a dead end. The department that is response for IP blocks is not available by telephone even, apparently, when referred internally between departments. I've talked to various general email departments at length and they are either unable to understand the concept of my issue or if they are, then they ask that I email: postmaster@btinternet.com as this is the only incoming communication that they accept.

I am snarky because this whole process is a big waste of my time. All other major ISPs (and reputable blacklists for that matter) have an IP unblock form that is usually processed quickly without any major hurdles. My patience is long gone and I will do what it takes to get this matter resolved in my favour.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 39 of 46

From the chain I pointed you to:
"Anyhow, long and the short of it was, I called that number, selected the option on the menu for malicious emails. Got a UK call centre person, understood me first time. Asked me for the details. Asked me to forward the bouchback email to their phishing@bt.com email address with my domain as the subject (while I was on the phone to him). He raised a ticket. Said he was more than familiar with the problem and would get my domain whitelisted.

I asked if once it had been done would it happen again, he claimed no. We will see (once it gets sorted, if it gets sorted).

anyhow, the primary reason ia m posting is because I wanted to share the number I was given to help prevent the run around I had for four hours.

BT Critical Path Team - 0808 100 4332.

Hope this helps someone!!"

I just tried that number, it was answered as "BT Customer Safety".

Is that the number you tried?
0 Ratings
designextreme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 46

Thanks, I haven't tried this number before but I'll call them tomorrow morning.

You'd have thought that in the many hours of phone calls someone would have mentioned this before...

0 Ratings