cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT web mail very slow

Just checked webmail 2 minutes ago. 

Mails loading at normal speed / instantly.

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

IMAP with Outlook back to normal as well. Well done, whoever fixed the problem. What a shame we never get to hear what the problem was/is.  I probably wouldn't understand the technicalities, but it would be nice to be treated as something more than a monthly payment.

0 Ratings
RTWLou
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

Re: Why is the new BT email so slow?

I agree - it is getting slower and slower to load and especially to delete emails. Other websites including gmail are fine. I have a reasonably new laptop so it's not that. I have looked at BT's response which appears to think it's a minority of users this is affecting, but maybe not enough people have complained yet. Or maybe people are just getting fed up, closing their bt email accounts and migrating to others. If this slowness carries on and is not acknowledged by BT as a problem they are trying to fix, that's certainly what I'll be doing. 

0 Ratings
RTWLou
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Some people seem to have had this issue fixed looking at the thread. Mine is still a nightmare (as one user said, back to dial-up speeds...)
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 15 of 18

Hi @RTWLou I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your BT email. I've not seen any other reports from customers this evening experiencing any issues and there don't appear to be any known issues.

I've just sent a test email to my own BT email account and it came through within a second or so, I also deleted a few emails and that was done instantaneously. How do you manage your email on your laptop, is it via an email client or webmail?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
RTWLou
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

Laptop . It now appears to be behaving at normal speed, after 2 weeks of slowness. Many thanks.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 17 of 18

Thanks for letting us know @RTWLou .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jfellows66
Beginner
Message 18 of 18

I have been having the same issues for months. 10 to 20 secs to load following a refresh particularly my Inbox, a mixed bag of error messages when trying to delete emails. 

Has anyone found a solution? Perhaps even BT might help me.

I do have many thousands of emails in my inbox and have been busy trying to delete them but it takes forever because it is so slow and more arrive every day. Could this be the problem?

0 Ratings