cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 20

BT webserver email down and has been for a while now

Bt email is off the air completely, it must be yahoo though as i tried the follwoinig 3 routes.

1. yahoo.co.uk

2. yahoo.com

3. bt.com

I usually use 1 but last week it started playing up - sloooooooow/failing so i switch to yahoo.com and it got me back in.

Today none of the above work and it seems its national according to downdetector. Bt.com eMail options seems to not work at all just a blank page for me.

Any answers gratefully received. The tab is working ok so the server connections are still up.

Edit: My wifes laptop just got the bt.com email page after about 2 mins (very slow loading as well) that states there is a problem my desktop still gets a blank page. I did switch to incognito and turned off adblockplus and it loaded very fast I can see the message. At first I thought adbloacker was the issue but it seems it may be causing some issues but its not the main cause.

Apparently its a temporary fault - detectors first report was over 3 hours ago so its not that temporary.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Expert
Message 2 of 20

Re: BT webserver email down and has been for a while now

As the web mail login page states there is an issue with Yahoo mail.  They are working on it.  So a waiting game.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 20

its been up and down like a yoyo for a few weeks but always was able to get though on at least one yahoo server. I've never really bothered with access through bt.com.

yahoo.com is back up now3 and I am still logged in and can see the last few emails still can't switch to yahoo.co.uk or mail.yahoo.com though and trying to go to btmail does not work.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

I would strongly suspect that they are in the process of patching/upgrading their server software due to the recently announced Intel security flaws. 

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 5 of 20

Anything's possible, so the patch theory may well be valid.  You could try using a mail client.  Works ok here, albeit slowly.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 20

Downloading e-mail to an e-mail client using POP is timing out more often than not.

I really hope that the theories as to the problems with Yahoo! mail in general are correct, because if the POP-specific problems of a year or so were to recur I would have to slash my wrists. As some may remember, BT washed its hands of this problem, claiming that e-mail was a value-added service, though IMHO neglecting to note that the @btinternet.com domain name undermines this claim.

Another theory: 'they' have done the patch, and as a result everything is running at a third of normal speed and will contune to do so until the end of time!

I suppose one shouldn't speculate for fear of provoking hysteria, but BT, Yahoo! and the rest of the tech companies are always very reluctant to explain any problems to their long-suffering user bases.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 20

I meant to add that currently SMTP and IMAP seem to be working correctly.

I havent tried accessing web mail howveer because I don't want to see all the irrelevant and irritating rubbish/clickbait that is displayed along with one's e-mail.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

As has already been mentioned thare are problems with BTYahoo email.

Yahoo Mail.PNG

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 20

I have had problems since around 10:50 this morning, OK earlier in the day. Nearly 5 hours now and still not fixed.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 20

Have also been down since 11.15am!

0 Ratings