cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT webserver email down and has been for a while now

My email came back on about 10 minutes ago.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 20

Mines back now for the time being but it has been up and down a bit over the last week or so.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 20

As suspected, it's a global Yahoo failure :-

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/05/yahoooooh_no_our_emails_down/

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 20

Not 100% fixed as I still can't get into e mail on web mail, although outlook has now down loaded a load of e mails.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 20

My e-mail says still being fix but I put in my e-mail address and password in below it and everything was working .

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 20

appears they only think it was email but yahoo.co.uk was out completely as far I could tell over here in sunny (well rainy today) wilts
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 17 of 20

So btinternet.com IS or isn't working... I'm getting my mail through on my iPad , where obviously my settings can't therefore be OUT OF DATE, but nada on my new laptop...STILL

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 20

working for me not sure what you mean by btinternet.com I log in the btyahoo webmail as I stated in the 1st message.

Just tried bt.com and its still suggesting there are issue but I logged out of email and relogged in bt.com and its working looks like the reboot (or whatever they did) has speeded it up as well.

So i also tried going through yahoo.co.uk and its not loading if at all for me so switched to yahoo.com and it worked real fast and logged in okay as well.

So unless everyone else is getting through by yahoo.co.uk it may still be an issue by that route.

It is fast though when you get in.

I am only talking webmail here on btinternet.com email adresses using BTYahoo. imap was never off for our tab as far as I could tell the wife would have been on my back in mimutes if that didn't work 😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

@Thirsty wrote:

So btinternet.com IS or isn't working... I'm getting my mail through on my iPad , where obviously my settings can't therefore be OUT OF DATE, but nada on my new laptop...STILL

Re your other post:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Windows-10-Mail-Account-Settings-Out-of-Date/m-p/1809272#M56692

Did you change the server settings on your W10 laptop to the correct BT ones or are they still on the Yahoo server settings.

BTMail server settings.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 20

Good point @gg30340, i'm not using them on my desktop systems but i'll check those on our other systems to make sure they are all still ok.

I'm not having any issues on my phone or my wifes tab though we get our emails fine and used it when the webmail was down yesterday so probably ok. Must be using IMAP as we get all the sub folders too on both androids.

Thanks, i've bookmarked the settings link

0 Ratings