cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul1954
Message 21 of 33

Re: BT website "launching something new"...

Had online chat earlier with a guy called Nefis who seemed to think my account would not be accessible for 48 hours. The odd thing is my wife’s email is a sub account of mine and that’s working fine. Think the “launching something new” line is a load of rubbish.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ChrisB
Expert
Message 22 of 33

Given this "fault" has been ongoing all day (with no indication as to when it will be rectified) that BT might have issued an apology and explanation. Might as well keep customers in the dark seems to be the attitude.

0 Ratings
Kayell
Contributor
Message 23 of 33

I called the "Helpline" (so-called...) again just now.  They are as much in the dark as the rest of us.  Person I spoke to (in Dublin) said she knows they're "working on it" but not what "it" is... 

Still - she said it started around 4:30 am and the longest she'd known something like this to go on for was three days.  So - that's good, isn't it...

0 Ratings
Wilf677
Message 24 of 33

4.30am in what time zone? I have had issues since 10pm UK time last night.

0 Ratings
Paul1954
Message 25 of 33

I was told a fix would be 48 hours by their online chat.

0 Ratings
dpmuk
Beginner
Message 26 of 33

Well there system to take direct debits still seems to be working as I've just had a larger than expected amount taken and can't check why.  Now I know I should have checked when I got the e-mail saying the bill was avaliable and it's probably due to a house move but it's still not acceptable that I can't check, especially as it's now been 24 hours.  If they keep this shambles up (I also can't currently disable the annoying bt web address help) I may have to see about breaking my contract with them and try to persuade them I shouldn't be penalised for leaving early.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 27 of 33

It's back. I can't see anything "new" mind you. Same old not-fit-for-purpose software with big legacy issues.

0 Ratings
englishbullterrier
Contributor
Message 28 of 33

Yep, up and working with nothing new Smiley Mad

@ChrisBwrote:

It's back. I can't see anything "new" mind you. Same old not-fit-for-purpose software with big legacy issues.

0 Ratings
pete_S
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 33

@ChrisBwrote:

As I said, I think they were just "disaster recovery" pages as they think "something new" sounds better that "broken and we dont know how to fix it yet"...

0 Ratings
englishbullterrier
Contributor
Message 30 of 33

I think they tried an upgrade and it failed massively !