cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT withdrawing support for email clients

Go to solution

When is BT actioning the above?

Does this mean that I will no longer be able to use my email account with OE Classic in conjunction with BT Webmail?

If so, I have not given any forewarning by BT and have just extended my account with OE Classic for a further (3) years.

This will result in me no longer using my BT email address I have had with BT for over (20) years and will therefore have use either a Microsoft account or Gmail.

I am very, very unhappy seeing that I have been with BT, and before that GPO, for (50) years.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT withdrawing support for email clients

Go to solution

can you post a link to where you have seen this?

BT no longer offer email facilities to new residential customer s from july 2022

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I had been directed to this post overnight and had presumed that it would also apply to my private residential account - where implementation by BT was set for (5) days' time.
SamG
Administrator SamG
Administrator

a week ago

Hi Localhost,

Thanks for your post.

BT are discontinuing support for email clients using basic authentication as this is being disabled by Microsoft meaning these clients will not continue to work.

The btconnect email service is becoming Outlook Web Access (OWA) – meaning that it will be accessible via:

A web browser (office.com)
The My Account page on business.bt.com
Mobile Outlook App on Phones and Tablets

There is some more information on the changes here, including how to disable your outdated email client: The security of btconnect.com email is being improved | BT Business

There is also further information on the changes on the Microsoft website: Deprecation of Basic authentication in Exchange Online | Microsoft Learn

Thanks,

^SamG
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

that only applies to BT business accounts  if querying then post here

https://business.forums.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you very much for your speedy response and your assuring reply.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution