Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hometown38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT yahoo Login Problems

Go to solution

Hi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I am having great difficulty loging in to my BT yahoo email account , it simply states ''Sorry, we don't recognise this email address.'' ..  I know the address is correct andthe password . I know others have had this problem  but it's causing me great problems now as there are some emails in there i need to access  urgently  .          How can i solve this issue ?       

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT yahoo Login Problems

Go to solution

@hometown38 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, do you access your BT email regularly?

If not it may have been deleted due to inactivity check out this link for more info.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
hometown38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi  .. no .. not regulary at all unfortunately

0 Ratings
hometown38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Looks like its been deleted permantly after reading the link you gave me  ... a real pain for sure .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@hometown38wrote:

Hi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I am having great difficulty loging in to my BT yahoo email account , it simply states ''Sorry, we don't recognise this email address.'' ..  I know the address is correct andthe password . I know others have had this problem  but it's causing me great problems now as there are some emails in there i need to access  urgently  .          How can i solve this issue ?       

Hi.

The email T&Cs say that an email address needs to be accessed at least once every 90 days, then it goes into a state where it can be reactivated for 60 days. After that it could be deleted. At that point emails to the account may not actually bounce, meaning people sending emails to it will believe that they have been delivered.

I assume that you'd only been using webmail access to the account, and not using a local program/client such as Thunderbird. This is pretty much essential as at least a backup in case access to webmail isn't available.

Unfortunately you will almost certainly have lost everything.

I believe that the T&Cs should state that users actually do use another form of access to keep emails along with webmail if that's their only usual access.

0 Ratings
hometown38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the explanation .. yes only using webmail to access it  vcant remember when i last accessed it ,although im sure it was in the last 3 months  although i could be wrong  .. looks like there is nothing further i can do now

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

It shouldn't have been deleted if you have accessed it in the last 3 months. I have asked if the mods could check for you.

0 Ratings
hometown38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you  .. that would be really helpful ... hopefully will be able to find out one way or the other .

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @hometown38

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry that you're having problems accessing your email address.  If it has been deleted due to inactivity then we may not be able to get it back for you I'm afraid.  There is no harm double checking that from here though.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today @hometown38.

I checked our systems, and Yahoo's, and can confirm that it has been deactivated. I am sorry that I couldn't get the email back for you.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”