cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ritzdog
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT yahoo account locks - webmail states it's detected multiple failed login attempts

Hi everyone, every day now for the last 3 weeks my BT Yahoo email address locks. I normally use Outlook 2007 to access emails so at some point it will stop sending/receiving and prompt me for the password. So i log into webmail and the screen appears stating that the system has detected multiple failed login attempts and i need to change my password, wait 2 minutes then try to login again

So, i followed the instructions and it happened again and again

Called BT tech support (what a joke) and was told on 3 occasions just to reset the password again and it will be ok despite me telling them that I have already done this every day for the last week or so

Now i'm told that there's an issue with email addresses on the btyahoo-platform where if you try to login to them using BT's website that message displays in error (which doesn't explain why my outlook connection fails first)

I'm told to login using the mail.yahoo.com page instead

2 questions:

if this is really the issue then how come my outlook fails to send/receive first, THEN i have to login and reset the password. Surely this proves the account is locking prior to me loggin in to webmail

secondly, why can't BT provide me with ANY useful info as to time the account locks? IP address of devices trying to access it? number of login attempts? etc...

I was also told that the migration of btyahoo accounts onto BT's systems has been put on hold because of issues, this also doesn't answer or help my situation

Anyone out ther experienced the same or have BT solved this for anyone?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT yahoo account locks - webmail states it's detected multiple failed login attempts

Do a search of the forum and you will find many posts about this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT yahoo account locks - webmail states it's detected multiple failed login attempts

It probably has been locked before Outlook even tries to connect.  Over the years, there have been many attempts (some successful) to hack into Yahoo accounts.  As a result, Yahoo will now lock any account that appears to be the subject of a hacking attempt.

The way to unlock it is to log into webmail and answer the security questions.

0 Ratings