Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BT yahoo email address "no longer exists"

Go to solution

Since mid June I 've had difficulty logging in to my email. The msg read  "sorry we are unable to log you in". I've had this problem before but it has resolved itself eventually. However on 30/6 I got the message " Your email acc no longer exists.  Go to MyBT to create another".  I use the same email address to log into MyBT & system still lets me use that email address to log in to MyBT so I don't understand how it can no longer exist.  I  accessed the email every day prior to the problem so it was not the case that the email has been suspended due to lack of use. I have tried live chat twice this morning but both times the advisors have disconnected the chat without resolving the issue. If I try to log in to email via MyBT the msg " can't find an active mailbox associated with this login" appears. The email address is still on the Bt yahoo platform. Can anyone advise how I might get my email address back?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT yahoo email address "no longer exists"

Go to solution

Hi @Vs234

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you're getting a message saying " Your email acc no longer exists.  Go to MyBT to create another" when trying to log on to your mailbox.

The process is that a mailbox will be suspended if it's not logged into within 90 days.  After this time, there is a window of a further 60 days to re-activate the mailbox before it is permanently deleted.  You can read more info about this here: Why has my BT Email address been suspended or deleted?

I appreciate your comments that you have accessed it on a daily basis.  As this isn't something the community is going to be able to help with you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

I've clicked the link as requested and sent a message. Thank you for trying to help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Vs234

Thanks for posting back and for taking the time to complete the web form!

One of the guys (or possibly me) will pick up your case whenever you reach the top of our email queue.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@Vs234wrote:

Since mid June I 've had difficulty logging in to my email. The msg read  "sorry we are unable to log you in". I've had this problem before but it has resolved itself eventually. However on 30/6 I got the message " Your email acc no longer exists.  Go to MyBT to create another".  I use the same email address to log into MyBT & system still lets me use that email address to log in to MyBT so I don't understand how it can no longer exist.  I  accessed the email every day prior to the problem so it was not the case that the email has been suspended due to lack of use. I have tried live chat twice this morning but both times the advisors have disconnected the chat without resolving the issue. If I try to log in to email via MyBT the msg " can't find an active mailbox associated with this login" appears. The email address is still on the Bt yahoo platform. Can anyone advise how I might get my email address back?

Sounds like a system fault, hopefully the moderators can sort it out. There have been cases where the system has deleted accounts by mistake, but no reasons were given.

MyBT is different to Email, and the access is simply a collection of characters with an associated password - it just so happens in many cases that users use their email address as the login ID to MyBT.

Online chat are of no help at all with regard email.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply; hopefully the team will be able to help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks @Vs234.

I can see your email in the queue. There are a few a head of you but we will be in touch Smiley Happy

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Vs234 I've picked up your case and the email address is active at Yahoo's end. Please can you try to login at www.yahoo.co.uk/mail and post back to let me know if you can access the account there.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I have clicked on the link and it takes me to the BT login which still says the email address no longer exists.I have also tried to log in to yahoo.co.uk by typing in the web address but I still get the same message.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Just to update , I tried the link again after clearing the cookies on my tablet & this time it did let me into my email via the yahoo link.

0 Ratings