Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
doublebubble
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

BT yahoo - iPhone setup

Today I have had to reset one of our iPhones which went perfectly well until I came to setup BT Yahoo Mail.

When I use the Add Account function select Yahoo mail enter all the details as normal but instead of connecting  I get sent to another login screen, when I try to enter the the login details there I get an Oops something wrong message.

However if I use the Add Account function and select Other email and then enter the account details I can get connected but this method only gives me access to mail and notes leaving caledar and contacts missing.

A bit of searching led me to the caldav and carddav settings but when I try to add these manually I get CalDav  verification failed.

Firstlyis there a problem with the auto Yahoo setup and secondly is there a problem with verification on the manual Caldav settings

Any assistance aprreciated

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: BT yahoo - iPhone setup

What server settings did you use when you set the email account up?

The correct BT email settings are as per this link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

f you are on the BTYahoo email system you may find that the above settings don't work and you will need to revert to using the Yahoo server settings.

0 Ratings
doublebubble
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Email is set like that and now works but the Calendar does not, hence why I tried setting up the CALDAV setup

Like the other response if I use the Yahoo account email setup, which normally allows you to select calendar and contacts, I get the second login screen which fails to verify.

0 Ratings
cpl43uk
Beginner
Message 4 of 22

I have exactly the same problem and despite loading and reloading the app I cannot get it to offer up a calendar. Also the  discussions online usually assumes iphone still expects Mail/Contact/Calendar option to access new accounts when in fact ios11 now requires the "Accounts &Password" function to add these...

I have ipad mini 2 and two iphone 6's (one home use, one work use) and in no case will the set up in caldav/carddav allow a successful syncing (and why BTYahoo Mail does not offer sync switches for mail, address, calendar etc rather than the double mail/caldav route etc i do not know). Password is correct (I have the web version) and internet has suggested a range of responses for SSL/no SSL; Ports; Yahoo vs btinternet addresses etc all to no avail.

I also installed the Outlook ios phone app (we use Outlook at work) and here it could not offer the integrated calendar function inside the app as no calendar was found etc etc.

Invariably the error message is "Cannot connect using SSL" while taking off this condition simply leads to a verification fail error...

Emails all work fine...

This is very frustrating!

0 Ratings
cpl43uk
Beginner
Message 5 of 22

I spoke to BT Support today and they claim BT Mail will (now?) only support webmail service and not phones (of any type?) if you want sync with calendar/contacts. Basically you can use on your phone to check BT emails but to synch calendar/contacts you have to use a web browser. Ridiculous!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

@cpl43uk wrote:

I spoke to BT Support today and they claim BT Mail will (now?) only support webmail service and not phones (of any type?) if you want sync with calendar/contacts. Basically you can use on your phone to check BT emails but to synch calendar/contacts you have to use a web browser. Ridiculous!

You have been told a load of rubbish from who ever you spoke to at BT.  

Sorting out problems with anything other than webmail is not on the Customer Services scripted flow chart so they come out with any rubbish to get you off the phone.

0 Ratings
cpl43uk
Beginner
Message 7 of 22

Thanks gg30340 - So you think I should go through again and press for a resolution?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

If you are using an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, BT will not help you because they don't have any control over those 3rd party programmes. They will blame the program and particularly if it all works in webmail.

If you are using webmail, BT should help you if there is a problem and that includes all the features that come with webmail which in this case includes the calender and contacts.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have said I use an email client on my Samsung phone and my contacts and calender both sync with my BTMail email account.

0 Ratings
cpl43uk
Beginner
Message 9 of 22

thanks. Can I ask, to get your email package to sync calendars on samsung did it just sync calendar when the email account was set up? Basically in the old BTmail/iphone approach the calendar and contacts were automatically synced with a slider toggle along wil mail and notes when the account was added and no special and separate set up was required for calendar. Now only BT mail and notes synch automatically on the iphone and so you have to set up a new account for calendar (using caldav) with its own server settings (caldav.calendar.yahoo.com etc etc )which fails to then verify. How does Samsung approach the same challenge?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

It has been a while since I set up my email on my Samsung so I have just set up a new account. 

The email app is syncing with my calender and contacts automatically but it is my gmail calender and contacts and not with my BT contacts, which as it happens are the same as the gmail ones, as I had thought when I posted my message.

I will have a look to see if I can set it up to work with my BT ones. 

0 Ratings