cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanieG
Message 11 of 22

Re: BT yahoo - iPhone setup

I have just had a similar problem having changed my BT Yahoo mail password.  Having been told by BT that this was an Apple issue and nothing they could do, and having spoken to a very nice person at Apple who did his very best to help, it was then decided that it was an issue with the BT server not allowing the contacts and calendar to sync.  I then had two online Chats with BT, one of which just sent me information on ensuring I had the correct server settings (which I did) and the next who referred me to call the BT Premium Mail team,   The BT Premium Mail team confirmed that there is a known fault in syncing the contacts and calender on iphones and they are working with Apple on this, although they can't say how long it will take.  I didn't quite work out whether this would automatically update once fixed or whether I would need to reload my email account again.   

0 Ratings
cpl43uk
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

Thanks. I also had a conversation yesterday with a BT support Manager who confirmed it’s a bulk issue (ie lots of people) and they are working on this. He said BT Mail were trying to remove themselves from any Yahoo connection but this has caused their problem. No known solution date - promises to call back next week.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

If the manager was trying to tell you that BT are migrating email away from Yahoo he has given you wrong information. The email migration stopped in 2014 and there are no plans to start again anytime soon if indeed at all.

0 Ratings
jroyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

I have been following this as I just had this issue today.

I changed my BT Mail p/w and it's now a mess!  How do I get my contacts back???

Why do they make a mess of things.....just leave it alone!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

This thread is about BTYahoo email and you say you changed your BTMail password.

BTYahoo and BTMail are two different email systems and it is important to know which one you are on so that the correct advice can be given.

Once you clarify that somebody may be able to help.

Also include in your reply how you access your email, is it with the iPhone standard app or some other app?

Can you access your email by logging onto webmail via a web browser?

0 Ratings
jroyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.  I originally had my mail on my iPhone set up with BTYahoo without a problem. 

I can access it through my computer, the Yahoo app on my iPhone and by logging into both BT.com and Yahoo.co.uk without a problem.  I then changed my mail password and now when I got to use Yahoo again to set up my account (or even try to update the one above - 2 diff phones), I get the following:

IMG_6035.PNGIMG_6036.PNGIMG_6037.PNG

So, I used the 'Other' and only have access to Mail and Notes.  What about the contacts and calendar stuff?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

You should delete or obscure the pricture with your email address in it.

Sometimes there seems to be a problem with devices synchronising when a password is changed. Have you tried using the "old" password to see if that still works . 

The correct settings for BTMail and BTYahoo are as per this link.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

but if you are on BTYahoo you could try using the Yahoo server settings as per this link

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3697.html

This may be relevant:- When you change your BT password on an iPad/iPhone it may only change for INCOMING mail.

To change the outgoing mail password you have to go into Settings; then scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars. 

Select the BT Internet account and select the account where it is listed under IMAP.  

You will find the details for the account and can change the password for the Incoming Mail Server there, but the outgoing mail server simply shows SMTP and mail.btinternet.com

You have to tap on that Primary Server in order to find where the Outgoing password is hidden so you can update it.  

0 Ratings
jroyle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Thanks for that info!

Unfortunately, it doesn’t help with contacts or the calendar.

Regards,

Judy
0 Ratings
cpl43uk
Beginner
Message 19 of 22

This is correct and i wish the BT team would confirm this here. I have now had several calls with BT technical team. They refuse to address this error as an error - they blame Apple or Yahoo or both (it is neither!) and will not resolve it. I have asked that they modify their web page PR to confirm this problem for new customers but they refuse. Disgusted by their attitude...
0 Ratings
MartinM1
Message 20 of 22

I have exactly the same problem as Judy describes on my iPhone 8.  For some reason I was able to add a Yahoo account without any problem on my iPad Pro so can get calendar and contacts on that, but on my iPhone I can only get mail and notes using the "Other" account route. Any idea why two devices using the same IoS produce different results?

0 Ratings