Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohhnRL
Message 101 of 120

Re: BT yahoo mail address changed

Go to solution

Hi John

Please add mine to the list . Really looks bad on my little business!

*edited by mod*

Thank you

John Lancaster

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 102 of 120

Go to solution

Please delete your email address, this is a public forum.

If you have your own domain, why on earth use BT Mail rather than use your domain provider. That way your customers would only see your domain address.

0 Ratings
indigoblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 120

Go to solution

As I pointed out much earlier, this is going to hit suppliers badly. So far I've been unable to log into three websites I use regularly and today had to ring Shetland with an order. It is not funny. 

Carole 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 104 of 120

Go to solution
As I replied previously, this problem will not prevent you logging in to websites. You are not using an email address to log in to these sites, you are using a series of characters that are in the form of an email address. Just enter your proper address.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 105 of 120

Go to solution

@indigobluewrote:

As I pointed out much earlier, this is going to hit suppliers badly. So far I've been unable to log into three websites I use regularly and today had to ring Shetland with an order. It is not funny. 

Carole 

Hi.

Are you trying to login into websites using the bty address? If so why? Nothing has changed if you use your email address as a login to other sites, simply use your normal btinternet address.

0 Ratings
RStein
Message 106 of 120

Go to solution

Hi

I had the same problem occur last weekend (1 April?) with email i.e. primary btinternet address became an alias and an previously unknown yahoo address popped up as the  primary email address. This was reported to BT on 3 April. And I'm glad to see that this morning (7 April) the problem seems to have been fixed, i.e. my btinternet address is now my primary email account and the yahoo one is showing as an alias.   🙂

Hopefully others with same problem will be fixed soon.

Am wondering if it is safe to delete the yahoo alias at this stage? (In my case, any email sent back to the yahoo one was returned to the sender as an invalid address.)

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 107 of 120

Go to solution

Yep, confirm also fixed here.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 108 of 120

Go to solution

@RSteinwrote:

Hi

Am wondering if it is safe to delete the yahoo alias at this stage? (In my case, any email sent back to the yahoo one was returned to the sender as an invalid address.)

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I don't believe you can delete the Yahoo address, it's an internal handoff one - hence the reason it's not a real address and will bounce back as invalid if used. That's for everyone who uses it, not just in your case.

Distinguished Guru
Message 109 of 120

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

The one I had issues with is now showing correctly at the top of the window.

However, it's worth checking the actual settings of the accounts, mine actually has the bty address as the reply-to address! That is catagorically incorrect.

That might actually be worse than the original fault.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 110 of 120

Go to solution

@Andy_N wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

The one I had issues with is now showing correctly at the top of the window.

However, it's worth checking the actual settings of the accounts, mine actually has the bty address as the reply-to address! That is catagorically incorrect.

That might actually be worse than the original fault.

No, everything is as it should be with mine.

0 Ratings