Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 53

Re: BT yahoo mail

@tickhillwrote:

With a lot of experimentation I seem to have found a compromise by going to https://home.bt.com/

and accessing email there.

Just had to make sure I was logged out of MyBT then it seemed to let me log into either of my btemail addresses

Still say - as someone said earlier - it the engine isn't broke why try to mend it.

The login via Yahoo was fine.

I still think the whole thing has been done by software writers who have absolutely no experience of using the software itself.

You can still go via yahoo and not have to type in the email part, so thats a slight speedup. I thknk you can still do both if you use Incognito for one of them.

I agree though the yahoo login was working for me. As an ex software developer/designer for BT from over 10 years ago I sometimes despair of the basic design that some sites seem to be lacking in these days but I guess that progress, I guess its all down to Agile Software design techniques that was coming in before I retired from the scene but that's another whole can of wormy things and probably shouldn't mention it. 

Edit:  Yes just tried it on my desktop (Chrome browser) and remaining logged in as me started new browser in incognito and got wifey to log into her account and yet it worked I'm not sure though about logging in to BTID at the same time but I bet that works too as long as one is in incognito.

Edit2: Probably shouldn't have revealed that method (via yahoo) thinking about it as someone is bound to block that one off as well. 

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 22 of 53

I have purposefully spent over an hour this morning trying to access BTYahoo mail from different starting points.

I was successfuly three times - in locations which frequently failed so success is obviously still extremely random.

The error messages were virtually identical

(1)   The server at samlfed.bt.com is taking too long to respond.

(2)   Words to the effect - search for https://samlfed.bt.com on Bing

The root cause of the problems seems to lie with the samlfed.bt.com server

As usual not a word from BT by way of explanation/apology etc.

Next move I feel is to highlight this issue to the CEO section - they usually resolve matters promptly.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 53

Hi @tickhill,

I'd like some more information about this if possible.

When you say different starting points, where exactly are you trying to access your emails?

Are you using our website BT.com and not Yahoo's?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
JohnnyT42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 53

I can't believe that BTyahoo customers were not informed of this change and given the new login link. Well actually I can believe it as it is symptomatic of how big companies treat customers. People 'on high' make brilliant decisions but don't inform the people that matter i.e. the people that pay all those important peoples wages!

Well after many problems with BTyahoo, especially in the last year or so (after 20+ years as a loyal customer) I have had enough and swapped to the vastly superior Gmail. This also free's me from the tie to BT due to my locked in email address so will be looking to move my account when my contract is ended. Freedom to choose at last..

Please see my recent post: https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BTyahoo-sign-in-problems-and-no-ability-to-forward-emails/td-p/188...

Where I highlight my problems and document my happy and sucessful solution.

As Mr. Corbet on behalf of Sooty used to say 'Bye Bye Everybody' and with much relief I can now say 'Bye Bye BT'.

John.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 25 of 53

Attempted to send the following to DanielS who asked for more detail.

I got a response to say I have run out of the number of Private Messages I could send - and I haven't sent a Private messages for over 12 months. 

Made second attempt to send PM to DanielS and it worked so copy which was here has been edited out

JohnnyT42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 53

Suggest you change to Gmail, vastly superior, faster, free and with many more features. OK it takes a while to migrate all your contacts, bank details etc. but well worth the effort. Made more difficult as BTyahoo stopped the global forward email setting, so such an arrogant step towards customers makes it even more worthwhile to change.

As customers we should be 'King' but unfortunatley this seems to be lacking in todays society, but we still have choice, just need to exercise it.

See my post:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BTyahoo-sign-in-problems-and-no-ability-to-forward-emails/td-p/188...

John.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 53

@JohnnyT42 wrote:

Made more difficult as BTyahoo stopped the global forward email setting, so such an arrogant step towards customers makes it even more worthwhile to change.

It is not more difficult because you can not forward BTYahoo emails.

You don't need BTYahoo to forward emails. All email services, gmail included, can be set to fetch your email from which ever email service you want including BTYahoo.

0 Ratings
northwest
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 53

Tried linking my yahoo login to bt id horrendous. In the end I decided to use the same password for both accounts it's working but not ideal is it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 53

@JohnnyT42 wrote:

I can't believe that BTyahoo customers were not informed of this change and given the new login link. Well actually I can believe it as it is symptomatic of how big companies treat customers. People 'on high' make brilliant decisions but don't inform the people that matter i.e. the people that pay all those important peoples wages!

The correct login link has never changed it has always been the same for both BTMail and BTYahoo mail https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai..., it is because people were incorrectly logging in directly via Yahoo that has caused  problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JohnnyT42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 53

Thanks for the reply, according to this forum you used to be able to forward emails via BTyahoo and the facility was withrawn some time ago. I am in a position where I need to capture certain emails and  forward them to various addresses. So the forward facility is very useful but no longer available. I am aware of fetch and do use it on some other mail accounts and my various websites. Collating all this material is far easier via Gmail.

John.

0 Ratings