Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 53

Re: BT yahoo mail

@tickhill wrote:

Is BT Premium Mail completely divorced from Yahoo?

I am a BT Broadband Customer and BT Premium Mail would seem to be free as such.

My thanks in anticipation to anyone who advises.

If you were to get BT Premium email, which you can't until you leave BT,  all you would get is the email account that you presently have for a cost of £7.50 per month.

Nothing would change. It would still be BTYahoo and the same email address etc.  It is not a different service. It is just a way for BT customers who are leaving BT and don't want to lose their email addressto be able to retain it.

You would be better to set up a free gmail account and start to migrate your email over to that.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 42 of 53

Just reviewed my earlier question and the replies.

My question should have asked - is there a difference between BTYahoo mail and BTMail and if on the Yahoo version can one transfer to the None-Yahoo version and is there any advantage of doing so - if only to get rid of the present issues involved with the Yahoo edition.

The question is prompted by the following:

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46817/kw/46817/c/7369

Historically I suppose the BTMail version is the one which it was intended to use instead of the BTYahoo Mail but the whole process of transferring from one to the other blew up and was abandoned.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 53

I'm afraid it is not possible to transfer from BTYahoo to BTMail, the migration was put on indefinite hold 4 years ago.
0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 53

didn't you used to be able to pay for this to stop the annoying adverts, or was that a yahoo thang!

I'm guessing the £7.50 price now is a hefty deterent in iteself, mind you it's a great incentive to make inroads into switching email services for the future perhaps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 53

If you want to stop the adverts just use the basic version of webmail (or better still, use a mail client)

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 53

@licquoricewrote:

If you want to stop the adverts just use the basic version of webmail (or better still, use a mail client)

or use an add blocker, although they can make some sites a bit temperamental at times. I also use stylus (stylish was its predecessor) there are some yahoo scripts on there that get rid of adverts that an adblocker ( Adblock Plus 3.3.2 on google chrome under windows 7 in my case) doesn't or can't.

Not everyones cup of tea though. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tickhill
Expert
Message 47 of 53

Be it luck or be it that the issue has been resolved, but each time I attempted to login to my @btinternet.com emails this weekend 29/30 Sept, using the link  below it has let me in.

https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 48 of 53

Sadly the earlier success was obviously temporary.

Completely fail to access BTYahoo mail from browser now

Constant message: 

This site can’t be reached

samlfed.bt.com took too long to respond.

At least I can still get in with an email client - but for all that it still reflects badly on BT.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 53

Same for me. Is there no solution
0 Ratings
Message 50 of 53

I have done factory reset on router and can now gain accesss!
0 Ratings