cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 53

BT yahoo mail

I have always signed into  my mail via yahoo. Now this redirects me to this page https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai.... I login then i get another login page! How do I get it back to one simple login? Could it be a conflict between my bt id & yahoo mail logins being different? Ps I'm the primary account yet my partner accesses his with one login. 

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 53

Re: BT yahoo mail

I'm guessing its **bleep** sofware design if one can assume there is a design. Probable its a cobble and they have not checked the routing designs and missed a piece in the middle.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 53

Yes I think you may be correct! I'm suprised how eloquently you replied to this situation. I would have just replied because it's **bleep** fullstop.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 53

its drivin me nuts thinking about moving to another platform. I'm looking on the bright side at least it will man I can also consider moving away completely

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 53

@northwest wrote:

I have always signed into  my mail via yahoo. Now this redirects me to this page https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai.... I login then i get another login page! How do I get it back to one simple login? Could it be a conflict between my bt id & yahoo mail logins being different? Ps I'm the primary account yet my partner accesses his with one login. 

Hi @northwest,

Thanks for highlighting this and I am very sorry for the problems that are having when accessing your email.

Can you confirm that, the experience, that you describe is still happening?  The email team are interested in this as it should not be happening.  If you are still being presented with 2 login pages can you please send us your details as we would like to take a closer look to get an understanding of what is going on?

If you click on my username (SeanD) you will find the moderators contact link.  Please fill in your details including the email address that you are trying to access.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 53

Hi Yes it's still happening and I've sent the to links as requested. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 53

Hi @northwest,

Sorry for the problems you have had trying to login in to your email account. I gave your home number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you.

BT have implemented a new process whereby any customer trying to login to an @btinternet.com, @btopenworld.com or @talk21.com email address via mail.yahoo.com, will be redirected to BT’s own login page.  Logging in via Yahoo will mean you will be presented with the Yahoo login and then the BT login page.  To avoid the two login pages please visit https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform and login there as opposed to Yahoo’s site. 

The other issue you are having, whereby when you login to BT email and are taken to the BT ID login, this is occurring as it doesn’t appear that you have linked your email addresses to your BT ID.  Can you please try and login to the email login link above and when you are redirected to https://www.bt.com/s/apps/appsvas/index.html#!/email/makefav use your BT ID details and follow the instruction to get through this process.  Once you complete this process once you will not have to go through the same thing again. 

Once you have done this then you will once again be able to login to BT webmail without any problems.  Please give that a try and let me know if you have any further issues?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 53

Hmmm!,

Ever since I linked my yahoo email to my BTID i've had issues with password changes and other bad stuff. Daniel unpicked the linkage for me and the issues got worse I'm personally very reluctant to mess with my email and my BTID again as the result difficulties are far out weighing the benefits of having BTID linked to my email.

Of course thats just me and it mey well be if I allowed the team to try and put my access back together then it may work. My experience however is that BT and yahoo's linkages are not particularly well thought out or worse well executed when they are trying to join up the dots. 

Sorry if this sounds negative but since the events for me earlier in the year I have tried to use BT systems as little as possible. I used to work for BT and in my BT times we always had a saying if it aint broke don;t fix it and I wish i'd adhered to that when I inadvertently misunderstood the effects of linking my yahoo email to my BT ID as a favorite.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 53

My own view of using the link provided by @PaddyB is that you can do this but I feel that always accesssing through Yahoo means that I don't have to type in the the email ID part I just tell the yahoo screen which of my emails I wish to use and it passes the email address through to this screen then all I have to do is enter the password. Sadly BT screens do not save the email address for those that can save them for use next login.

This is even more pronounced now that the email cannot be made sticky, well not on my Chrome browser on my desktop anyway. This means that it logs out everytime I return to it if I had to keep putting in the email adress as well as the p/w it would drive me insane. I'd also probably get RS as a result of all the additional typing. 

I now have a link on my bookmarks that appears on my Browser Bookmarks Bar that goes to yahoo.com or yahoo.co.uk as well.

For those wondering that the issues for me were was that I wanted my email completely isolated from other accesses and since BT and yahoo are effectlively two diffent platforms I did not want to have the sme UID and password for both systems. As I said I relaised the implication too late. BT helped split them again and I will be leaving it that way. One issue I have as a result is that PW changes do not as yet work very well but since I did not want anymore disruption of my email that was so important to me on a daily basis I have left it be for now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 53

What a mess.

I have two  BT email addresses which are both used frequently and now it seems I have to login to BT.Com email and select the one I want as "My Favourite" in order to access it and when finished I have to go back to BT.Com and make the other email address "My Favourite" to access that.

How easy and simple it used to be to have them attached to Yahoo - one on Chrome and one on Edge and simply move from one browser to the other to view mail.

Sadly in my opinion a change made without much thought and without advising Users as well.

.. and despite all the details as above there seems to be frequent issues where the system is saying:

This site can’t be reached

samlfed.bt.com took too long to respond.

0 Ratings