Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterHumphreys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

BTID redirects straight to email

Go to solution

Hello, when I go to bt.com and sign in I get redirect to the email site almost directly, I want to be able to check my bills but no luck.

I have done plenty of google searching and can see a few people have had this problem but with no clear answer, can anyone help?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

Re: BTID redirects straight to email

Go to solution

Try clearing the history and cookies from your browser. If it offers the option to clear for all time you should us that option.

Once it has been cleared re-start your browser and try logging on using this direct link to the log on page.

BT Email 

0 Ratings
PeterHumphreys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

Hello 

Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried this method and used different computers but with no luck. I seem to recall there was an option when you set up an email address within BTID to 'favourite' one when you login so it would go straight there. If I had set that up by accident I would need to switch it off, but I don't know how.

Regards 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

You would need to log onto your MyBT and then go "Your Products" then "Email" > Manage. This will take you to the management page of your email accounts and show the status of them.

0 Ratings
PeterHumphreys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

That's a catch 22, because when I log into the btid account it redirects straight to the email page before I can make that change. Any ideas?

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

Are you permanently signed in to BT mail?

There’s not a problem with having the same sign in for both MY BT and BT mail. But there’s a possible conflict if you are signed in to both at the same time.

Log out of BT Mail first. Then login to My BT.

If no results then edit your favourites so that each have separate logins, as @gg30340 suggests.

0 Ratings
PeterHumphreys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

Hello

No I'm not.

I can log out of BT Mail but have no option to log out of My BT as I can't access the site.

If I go to My bt and log in it accepts my credentials,starts to load the BT.com website but then redirects to the email site instead. I can only think it is a bug in the website.

I have tried multiple computers and browsers.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

@PeterHumphreys, I'm sorry you keep being redirected to your email account when you're trying to access MyBT.  I've come across this issue before and it needs to be sorted from our side. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch. 

PeterHumphreys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution
Thanks Neil, Robbie got in touch with me and we solved the issue. Regards
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

@PeterHumphreys wrote: