Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brubio
Beginner
Message 21 of 29

Re: BTID redirects straight to email

Go to solution
My BTID is the same as my email address so I only have one password. I tried resetting my password anyway but still get the same
0 Ratings
PeterHumphreys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

Hello. So if I hear you correctly your BTID and your Bt email login username is the same email address? You need to have different passwords for each one, when you log into one of either services the password will decide which one your are directed to. 

I would try resetting the password, doesn’t matter which one and then log back in with the old password and then with the new password. 

Hopefully that fixes your problem. 

0 Ratings
nogs
Beginner
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

Hello,

I get the same problem.  I cant log anything with support either because you need to logon - frustrating.

I've decided to leave BT and want to transfer my email account to a basic one so I don't lose all my emails but think i need to order it or something so hoping to log into mybt to find out more.  I leave on the  28th Jan.

Any assisance gratefully received.

Thanks

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @nogs I'm sorry to see that you're leaving.  You don't need to do anything as we'll switch the email over to basic email automatically. The link I've posted goes into a bit more detail.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
nogs
Beginner
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

thank you

0 Ratings
nogs
Beginner
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

Hello,

I left BT today and received an email in the early hours which included this info:

We'll close your email account when your broadband service stops

Because your email is linked to your broadband service, we'll close any email addresses you have when your service stops. When we close them, we'll delete everything that goes with them, including things like emails, contacts, calendars and notes. That'll happen within 60 days.

To keep all the features you have today, you can choose to sign up to our Premium email service for £7.50 a month, payable by Direct Debit. To do that, log in at bt.com/mybt

Sorry to doubt you but it's really important I don't lose the emails as we are likely to need some in a court case (builder).  I will have a look later to see if there is a way to download them all.  I should have done it before but as with a lot of people there is a lot going on at the moment.

0 Ratings
NeilJAngove
Beginner
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

Hello again.

I've followed the guidance about re-setting my password, cleared cookies and history, even attempted a sign-in using my wife's BT email address, attempting sign-in via Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge - ALL to no avail. I keep being redirected to my webmail. Might this be a bug on BT's side..? Please, please HELP..!

0 Ratings
PeterHumphreys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

Hello Neil

Sorry to hear you are having this problem as well. 

Just to clarify, did you get any kind message saying that you were only resetting one password and not both?

Do you have access to the master bt account on my.bt.com, ie when you log in and go to my products and then email can you see all the addresses?

Regards

0 Ratings
NeilJAngove
Beginner
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

Hello Peter

RESOLVED

Thanks everyone for your replies and help. For information, my version of this issue has been resolved using a different method, as follows:

Begin by typing this simple web address: bt.com/mybt

This opens the MyBT login page. Type your BT ID, then Password to access MyBT Homepage: https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsmybt/#/home

I was given a separate login address for webmail, to avoid confusion: https://bt.com/email

Hope this is of help for others…

0 Ratings