cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ed_h
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BTInternet e-mail addresses tagged as Business E-mails on BT.com so can not reset password

I have an issue with one of my btinternet accounts, when I try to do a password reset on bt.com it says it is a business account so tries to redirect me to BT Business which then throws an error. Spent 5 hours last week between Residential and Business and still have issues. They tried rebuilding by bt.com profile but no luck.

Next attempty is 3rd line e-mail team but currently a 14 day lead time for a call back.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Ed

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BTInternet e-mail addresses tagged as Business E-mails on BT.com so can not reset password

Have you ever had a BT Business account?

If not, then it looks like your email account has been taken by a BT Business user.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ed_h
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Re: BTInternet e-mail addresses tagged as Business E-mails on BT.com so can not reset password

The e-mail accout was registered a sub account under my main email account originally. When I managed a line for a charity I had to register on Bt Business Portal to manage bills, so used the e-mail account in question.

BT Residential say on all the systems it looks like a residential account under my landline and BT Buiness say it is not a Business Account though.

Although the helpdesk did a password reset, I have one old laptop which still logs in and can receive and send e-mail using old password.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

That would be why you cannot do anything with it. All you could do would be to ask BT Business to delete the email address, like on the other thread you just posted on.

0 Ratings
ed_h
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I have tried that BT Business can not delete it since it is a Residential Address.

Residential have no access to BT Business systems to investigate.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

@ed_hwrote:

I have tried that BT Business can not delete it since it is a Residential Address.

Residential have no access to BT Business systems to investigate.

Hi.

Is the account BTYahoo or BTmail?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57483/c/7339/

If it's BTYahoo, then a password reset could be done via the direct link :-

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi @ed_h 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having resetting your email password.  We can check if the mailbox is with residential and all being well we should be able to help sort this out if it is.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @ed_h ,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've picked this up for you and made some changes.

Can you try and reset the password, if needed, now please? I'll be in the office tomorrow and can call you if needed Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @ed_h,

I hope you have been keeping well.

Can you check to make sure everything is working please?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @ed_h,

I've been trying to reach you today but couldn't get through. I left a voicemail to let you know that I had called.

Can you check and make sure everything is working as it should be please?

Let me know if you need any other help or if you are happy to close your case.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings