cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BTInternet email addresses rejecting my email as spam

Go to solution

I run a ladies social group and have had problems 3 times with emails I have sent to members.  I have sent emails similar to these hundreds of times before.

The latest problem this weekend involved an email titled "LLL Events Newsletter for October and beyond" that included a few words on the email and 2 attachments, a word document and PDF that contained the list of events.

This is what I got back.

The response from the remote server was:

554 Message rejected on 2021/10/03 15:24:53 BST, policy (3.2.1.1) ID (60CA8A8D150D0BC7) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM

I tried it again with the title "October Events newsletter" but it was still rejected.

An email I sent yesterday with was asking some ladies their menu choices for a christmas meal I have booked took 4 goes before it was accepted as not spam.

What am I doing to upset the filters.  The ladies will not get the email if you cannot help me.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BTInternet email addresses rejecting my email as spam

Go to solution

Hi @Sheels welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm very sorry to see you're having problems sending emails. Do you send more than 50 emails at a time, if so can your try to reduce the number that you send too? Have you tried an alternative broadband connection to see if they'll send?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I have had the problem just with btinternet email addresses and it makes no difference how many people I send emails to as it happens when I just send it to those with the btinternet email addresses ( between 2 and 8 of them depending what I am emailing about) it gets rejected.

I have worked out this time that putting "newsletter" within my header was my downfall.

I cannot see that it is anything to do with our broadband connection, may be you could explain to me how it could be.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @Sheels thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad you figured out what the spam trigger word within your email was and sorry about any inconvenience caused.

This error code can also be triggered if the IP address assigned to your broadband connection has been previously flagged for sending spam emails and potentially is on a blocklist, that's why I was asking about your broadband connection.  

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I was rejected by btinternet with 3 different emails over the weekend so if it has blacklisted my ip address how do I remove the blackmark.

My other choice would be to get all 8 of my ladies who are with btinternet to change to a different provider.

Thank you

Sheelagh

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Sheels, assuming you a using a residential broadband connection, if you disconnect your hub for 5 minutes when you reconnect you will be assigned a new IP address

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for that information.

I will try that if it happens again.

Sheelagh