Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveP3
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BTInternet email addresses rejecting our mailings

Hi there, 

I am tech support contact for company that sends emails to a vast majority of members through Sparkpost. This past week or so we have received an abundance of complaints regarding btinternet email addresses rejecting our emails, this is obviously having a negative impact on the mailshots we send out. 

Obviously somewhere along the line, we have been marked as SPAM regardless of whether the members themselves have added our email addresses to their safe list. 

The error in Sparkpost we receive is "bounce (554 Message rejected on yyyy/mm/dd HH:MM:SS, policy (a.b.c.d) – Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/postmaster)"

Can someone here advise if anything has changed in relation to BT SPAM filters?

Does our company require to make any changes to how we email members?

Is there anywhere we can check as to why BT is marking our emails as SPAM?

Is there anyone we can speak to directly about this and maybe check technical specifications?

Thanks in advance

Dave

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
DaveP3
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: BTInternet email addresses rejecting our mailings

So we had another blip on Friday 15th Feb whereby a vast majority of emails sent to btinternet.com email addresses got marked as spam. 

Has anyone else been experiencing issues lately?

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 11

On the link you posted above, have you followed the advice and contacted postmaster@btinternet.com ?

They'll be able to provide you the support needed for future mailings.

0 Ratings
DaveP3
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Have done but received no reply as of yet. Will chase up with them. 

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 11

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.  I am very sorry to hear of the problems that your customers are facing.  Not sure why you haven't received a reply from our postmaster but I would like to chase this up.  I am very sorry about this.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me Smiley Wink  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

@DaveP3wrote:

So we had another blip on Friday 15th Feb whereby a vast majority of emails sent to btinternet.com email addresses got marked as spam. 

Has anyone else been experiencing issues lately?

There have been, and there will be future similar reports to yours. Can it be assumed that no other bounce messages from other ISPs or email providers have been received?

For whatever reason, BT have had an extremely poor reputation with this - the postmaster does NOT look at the general issue, but will only do a single report as though it's a new issue. This is where BT continually get it wrong. They will not do any root cause analysis to help prevent future problems.

I keep saying it, and it will keep happening ... there will be more reports.

BT don't seem to care that their customers are potentially suffering, as well as businesses being made to jump through hoops through no fault of their own.

There will be some companies that ignore bounce messages, and hence the end user will suffer.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi Dave,

I am wondering if you were able to overcome the issue with your emails from Sparkpost being rejected by BTInternet and if so, what helped?

In the last 10 days, this issue has happened to us. We also use Sparkpost and have implemented all the BT Guidelines we can (but we don't seem to have an option to implement a PTR) but so far we have no response from BT on the matter.

Best regards

Bernard

0 Ratings
Jim44
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

It's happening again!  Email forwards from my Easyspace domains to btinternet.com addresses have just started to be blocked: this is a repeat of a 2015 experience and on that occasion BT had changed something in their spam filter, so it seems likely this is linked with other complaints in this thread.  What's changed and will the problem be resolved?

0 Ratings
kolab
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi Sean

We have the same issue with sending emails to clients with btinternet.com email addresses

We get the error message: Failed: confirmation@mg.yyy.comxxx@btinternet.com ‘Registration confirmation email’ Server response: 554 Message rejected on 2019/08/11 16:57:00 BST, policy (3.2.2.1) ID (5D4FE24A000BDD50) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM.

We reported this issue on 22th of July to postmaster@btinternet.com and also tried sending the email we were having problems with to: investigation06@btinternet.com     as requested, but didn't get a reply. We have sent several follow up messages but not got any reply to those either.

Is there anyone we can speak to directly about this, please?

Thanks in advance

Alex

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi @kolab,

I am sorry to see that you have the same issue. I'm also sorry that you haven't had a reply back as of yet.

Can you send me a private message letting me know what you sent to them please? I'll check in with them to see if they've received it.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings