Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BTInternet email continually down

Go to solution

Does anyone know what is going on with BT Yahoo email? In my part of Greater London my phone shows an 'incorrect password' error message and my Mac desktop's Mail app shows the warning exclamation-point against my BT inbox almost every other day. This situation usually clears up within a day, but sometimes lasts longer.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
jm9gt
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: BTInternet email continually down

Go to solution

BT themselves don't know whats' going on! This email service is frankly pathetic: it's been like this for years and they show absolutley no sign of fixing it anytime soon.

I can login and see via webmail but outlook which has worked fine will not connect to IMAP, POP3 or SMTP it's pathetic.

I have 'fixed' mine by changing my settings to point at the yahoo servers directly:

copied from help.yahoo.com

POP settings for Yahoo Mail

Incoming Mail (POP) Server

• Server - pop.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port - 995
  • Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

• Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port - 465
  • Requires SSL - Yes
  • Requires authentication - Yes

Your login info

• Email address - Your full email address (name@domain.com.)
  • Password - Your account's password.
  • Requires authentication - Yes

So clearly the problem is one of synchronization between the BT Internet front-end and the yahoo backend - as it has always been and as BT have been continually told but fail to do anything about.

it doesn't even seem to occur to them to have a test account to connect using smtp, pop3 and imapthat would tell them when it wasn't working!

And, surprise surprise after doing this I find that the btinternetand yahoo servers must have sync'd themselves because IMAP etc. then started working!

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BTInternet email continually down

Go to solution
Very like my experience. Pathetic, as you say.
0 Ratings