cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BTInternet password issues

I am posting on behalf of my cousin who has can no longer access email since recently upgrading iOS on his iPhone. He has had the email accounts for 10+ years so needs access to his email. 

He has a BTInternet email address and when he spoke to BT they said this was under YAHOO's control, is this true? 

How does he change his passward as he seems to be in the infinite loop when trying to access MyBT which I know others have struggled with? Is there LiveChat etc he can use?  

Thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTInternet password issues

Is your cousin a BT Broadband customer or paying for his email account through a BT Premium email account?

If neither of the above his email account will have been downgraded to BTMail Basic which can only be used with a web browser and can not be used with an email client/app such as those on an iPhone.

The BT email accounts are not under Yahoo control.

Can he log into his email account using this link?

BTMail 

If he wants to change his password he can use the "Forgotten your login details" link below the logon boxes in the above link.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

It appears that email is personal. Therefore, he will need use BTMail basic. How does he do that? 

He also still has the issue with his password! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Not sure what you mean by 'personal', the question is whether he is a BT broadband customer or not.

To use Basic Mail, simply login at the link provided by @gg30340  previously. Change password by following the forgotten password link at the login page as posted previously.

0 Ratings