cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: BTMAIL upgrade

Thanks for your reply and advice.

My browser is called Quantum and seems to be up to date.

Anyway,when I  went to WH Smith to get a pen,paper and stamps I bought a Dictionary Hard Copy which has solved my speling problems.

If anyone wants to contact me I can give out my address for Royal Mail.

Cheers!

Chris.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Not sure you are right Dode.  W H Smith reckoned I should buy a thing called a dictionery to go along with my pens and letter paper. I have also bought some duplicating carbon paper which means I could write a letter to you spelled correctly and have a copy of it to keep for myself!

Cheers,

Chris.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Thanks for your reply.

What I forgot to says is that I have been advised to buy a dictionary as well. Smart thinking.

Have you got one of them too?

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dode
Expert
Message 14 of 18

Dictionary?

I think I remember it! It used to sit beside the ink-well on the desk.😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Ink-well, didn't get one of those until I had been at school a couple of years. This is the honest truth, for the first couple of years at primary school we still used a slate to write on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 16 of 18

Those were the days!!

A Meccano set was a bag of stones, and a few shaped flints.

You could write on the slate, chipping away with a flint.

0 Ratings
Jean_Ann
Beginner
Message 17 of 18

Am I being thick but I can't even see a box for the spellcheckerHaving said that, my spellchecker works.  I must agree  though, it takes twice as long to load everything and the old interface was a lot easier to read at a glance.  Everything just looks like a load of black and white mess!!

When I look back at sent mail it does not have MY layout e.g. indented paragraphs.  Really B.T., I want my mail to look how I want it to NOT how you want it to.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE OLD SYSTEM BACK THIS ONE IS S**T!!!

In the preview it has even moved the last line to left justified when I had set it to centre....WHY?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

The spell checker is not a stand alone checker. It is built into your web browser.

If you go into the email settings which you can find by clicking on your user name at the right hand side and go to Mail and untick the box "compose in rich text". This should now format the email the way you want.

You can not be moved back to the "old" user interface/ webpage.