cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

BTMAIL upgrade

Is it just me or is the 2019 'improved' BTMail a load of slow incomprehensinglebill rubbish with no spellchequer?

If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it!!!!!!

Chris.

17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: BTMAIL upgrade

If you have look through the email section of the forum you will see other posts about BTMail's new interface.

This is the "main" thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-BT-Mail-Layout/td-p/1904548

There is no stand alone spell checker because most browsers now have a spell checker built in. 

If your browser is not carrying out the spell checking you should have a look in the browser's settings to see if it is turned on. If it is turned on you will find that incorrectly spelt words are underlined in red and if you right click on the word it will give you spelling options.

See link about which browsers are compatible with the BTMail interface as well as other information.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64151

Message 3 of 18

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, the spell checker box has been ticked but does not work.

Anyway, there are other problems including taking ages to download 'inbox and sent' messages.

Should I try another browser provider?

Does BT not have any liability to ensure third party browser providers meet BT customer service standards?

My contract with BT Mail was taken up by me on consideration your company would supply for example a 'spellchecker'.

Chris.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Forget webmail, do the job properly and use a mail client, the correct tool for the job. W10 has a built in mail app or there is Thunderbird, Claws Mail or EmClient to choose from, all free and far superior to webmail.

Message 5 of 18

Thanks L.

However, don't laugh 'cause I'm near 70years and haven't a clue what you are on about.

Very kind of you to respond but am goin' to WH Smiths for a Black BIC, A4 non lined pad, envelopes and 2nd Class stampage to sort my communication problems out. Bet you don't have a clue what I am on about?

Cheers,

Chris.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

@christophercampbell1 wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, the spell checker box has been ticked but does not work.  If you are using one of the up to date browsers on the list in the link I posted  the spell checker should work. I use Chrome and I have checked it on other browsers on the list and the spell checker works OK with them.

Anyway, there are other problems including taking ages to download 'inbox and sent' messages.

Should I try another browser provider? If you are using one of the up to date browsers on the list in the link I posted  it should work. I use Chrome and I have checked it on other browsers on the list and they all work as they should.

Does BT not have any liability to ensure third party browser providers meet BT customer service standards? No. 

My contract with BT Mail was taken up by me on consideration your company would supply for example a 'spellchecker'.  It's not my company. I am just a BT customer as are all the people who post on this customer to customer forum. There is a spell checker, it is just that it is now built into the browser.

Chris.

0 Ratings
Dode
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

"Black BIC, A4 non lined pad, envelopes and 2nd Class stampage"

That new fangled stuff will never catch on. 😀

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Oh dear, if only you knew my age!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

@christophercampbell1 wrote:

Thanks L.

However, don't laugh 'cause I'm near 70years and haven't a clue what you are on about.

Very kind of you to respond but am goin' to WH Smiths for a Black BIC, A4 non lined pad, envelopes and 2nd Class stampage to sort my communication problems out. Bet you don't have a clue what I am on about?

Cheers,

Chris.

Never make assumptions. I am not much younger than you so I am very aware of what a ballpoint pen a note pad and stamps are.

0 Ratings
rperc13
Message 10 of 18

Can I join the chorus of those asking why make changes which seem anything but an improvement. I don't understand why in my case it says I am on a default mail account. It sort of works but, you have to mess around trying to work out how. For example,  it took ages for to to find how to send a message to a group of contacts that I have established rather than to individuals.

Richard

0 Ratings