Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
Message 11 of 25

Re: BTYahoo Mail Time Recorded

Go to solution

@vofsanity2 wrote:

What that shows is that the time is being set before the email leaves your machine. (i.e. it is not changed on route)

Let us find out what time the browser thinks it at.

If you create a new favourite and then right click on it and look at properties what time does it say it was created at ?

It does not give a time, I created new favorite, went to it, clicked right & it says it was created on 08/08/13 but no time given.

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

@vofsanity2 wrote:

What that shows is that the time is being set before the email leaves your machine. (i.e. it is not changed on route)

Eh?  Using webmail - the email never left the local machine...it was never on it.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

@IanC wrote:

@vofsanity2 wrote:

Eh?  Using webmail - the email never left the local machine...it was never on it.

So the email is on the screen, you have not clicked send or saved to draft, so where is it held ?

In any case this not relevant to the problem. Please be constructive and not pedantic.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

@Johnoo wrote:

@vofsanity2 wrote:

If you create a new favourite and then right click on it and look at properties what time does it say it was created at ?

It does not give a time, I created new favorite, went to it, clicked right & it says it was created on 08/08/13 but no time given.

Can you access the favourites folder and check the properties there ?

What browser are you using?

Have you tried another one ?

The fact that the time is 8 hours different points to some part of your system still thinking it is in US Pacific time that is the default.

I came across this for yahoo mail.  Note the last paragraph.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN7764&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

If you do a Google search on "yahoo email time wrong"  you get a variety of answers but all suggesting that it is either a time zone problem or a time synchronisation problem.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

@vofsanity2 wrote:

@Johnoo wrote:

@vofsanity2 wrote:

It does not give a time, I created new favourite, went to it, clicked right & it says it was created on 08/08/13 but no time given.

Can you access the favourites folder and check the properties there ?

What browser are you using?

Have you tried another one ?

The fact that the time is 8 hours different points to some part of your system still thinking it is in US Pacific time that is the default.

I came across this for yahoo mail.  Note the last paragraph.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN7764&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

If you do a Goggle search on "yahoo email time wrong"  you get a variety of answers but all suggesting that it is either a time zone problem or a time synchronisation problem.

looking in the Favourites folder the time on the site I set up is 16:35:35, which is line with my post time of 16:41.

I don't know what this proves but that's the information.

I am using IE 10

No I have not used another Browser yet, & don't really want to.

Re the last paragraph of the link:-

"The timestamp on outgoing Yahoo! Mail messages is determined  by the Yahoo! Mail servers in California  (Pacific Time  Zone). It's not possible to change the time  stamp from U.S. Pacific to  another time zone".

I do not understand this as I did not think I had a problem on my old computer using XP/IE8/BTYahoo mail, but I can't prove this as I dumped it yesterday!

Is the para above saying that the time will always be U S Pacific, if so why have a table of different time zones?

I have tried to fool the Yahoo system by setting the time zone to Singapore +8 hours, but the resulting test mail to myself is still 8 hours behind the correct GMT

I'm going to bed, it's past my time, in at least one time zone!

Any more help would be welcome

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Johnoo wrote:

Is the para above saying that the time will always be U S Pacific, if so why have a table of different time zones?
It's obviously not the case for BTYahoo webmail. If it was, then everybody's webmail would be timestamped east coast US. (and it's trivial to prove that that's not the case)
Just a thought - there's a separate timezone setting in the calendar. What's that set to ?

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

@IanC wrote:

Just a thought - there's a separate timezone setting in the calendar. What's that set to ?
I assume you mean the clock setting via the Control Panel?
I can assure you that the "Computer Time" IEEE that showing in the bottom right hand corner of the screen is correct
If there is another "Calendar" would you please advise where I should look
This problem is driving me to drink!
If not

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution
Sorry , I wasn't clear. I meant the online BTYahoo calendar.
0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

@IanC wrote:
Sorry , I wasn't clear. I meant the online BTYahoo calendar.

Do you mean the Calender that sits next to Contacts & Inbox in BTYahoo mail?

If so mine comes up set at August & I can't find a time setting within it

0 Ratings