Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 25

Re: BTYahoo Mail Time Recorded

Go to solution

Johnoo,

Based on what we have looked at so far I think that we need to concentrate on how your email account is set up.

Are you having this problem with your primary account or is it a sub account ?

If it is a sub account then the timezone information may be picked up from the primary account.

It may be worthwhile setting up another sub account to see if it has the same problem.

I do not remember being asked what Timezone I was in when I set up several sub accounts.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 22 of 25

Go to solution

@vofsanity2 wrote:

Johnoo,

Based on what we have looked at so far I think that we need to concentrate on how your email account is set up.

Are you having this problem with your primary account or is it a sub account ?

If it is a sub account then the timezone information may be picked up from the primary account.

It may be worthwhile setting up another sub account to see if it has the same problem.

I do not remember being asked what Timezone I was in when I set up several sub accounts.

The problem is with the Primary Account, I do not have any sub Accounts

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 25

Go to solution

@Johnoo wrote:

The problem is with the Primary Account, I do not have any sub Accounts

Ok

I think it is worthwhile to set up a subaccount and use that as your main email address. The reason for this is that yahoo email is vulnerable and if a sub account is compromised the primary account can be used to recover it. If your primary account gets compromised you do not have this option and because it is the primary account more damage can be done.

Secondly if you can right click on the time displayed on your screen you should get (unless Windows 8 has screwed this up) the option to "adjust/date and time". This allows you to adjust date/time, Time Zone and Internet Time.

With internet time what Internet time server are you synchronising with ?

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 24 of 25

Go to solution

@vofsanity2 wrote:

@Johnoo wrote:

Secondly if you can right click on the time displayed on your screen you should get (unless Windows 8 has screwed this up) the option to "adjust/date and time". This allows you to adjust date/time, Time Zone and Internet Time.

With Internet time what Internet time server are you synchronising with ?

vofsanity,

Well done, I owe you a beer.

When I clicked right, I found that the time was correct for BST, but the time zone was USA Pacific!

Changed this & now e mails are going out at correct time

Re your question on Synchronising, it's done to Time.windows.com so I assume the exact time will be synched to some predetermined schedule.

Again many thanks for all of your help

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 25

Go to solution

Glad it is fixed.

Please mark the thread as solved.

0 Ratings