Did you mean: 
susanem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: BTYahoo Webmail keeps logging me out even in the middle of writing an email

Go to solution

Hi New_to_UK,

I log in through

https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...

I get logged out at different intervals. I have timed some of them in the past and they range from 5 minutes to over an hour.

I don't get any message - just the log in screen.

Thanks

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 32

Go to solution

@New_To_UKwrote:

Do you log into webmail via bt.com/email and a @btinternet.com address?

Are you sure it logs you out in 10 minutes? It should be easy to test this, if you start a timer as soon as you login, and then not close the browser, your webmail should still work till the 2 hour mark. Could you please do this and post back as mine has been consistent and tested with 3 accounts.

If you are getting logged out sooner than 2 hours, whats the message when it logs you out?

I think its lasting longer today but the worst possible thing it does whilst writing email seems to just start to bring up messages suggesting that its not secure to cary on writing email as will not be saved. When I first got this I started to Copy (Ctrl+C) the message and force it to logout and then log back in and then insert what I had copied (Ctrl+V). after that I started to write important emails in text editor or word and then copy into email when done, not ideal but it worked for me.

0 Ratings
susanem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 32

Go to solution

Well, I am not sure what is happening but I have not been logged out of my BTYahoo for 6 hours!!!!!

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 32

Go to solution
Yes I noticed this too last night, looks like the time has increased as the mods had suggested! Does this increase solve your issue?
0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 32

Go to solution

Metoo - I didn't have to sign in this morning after last using it some 8 or more hours ago. Perhaps they have turned it off all together or I have set remember me in the past and its holding. On that front I only seem to get the remember me option if I am in incognito mode but clearly when I close it down it will not be baked into the settings.

Thing is is them working on it, is this the fix, am I going to get compacent and used to this and then start using emails again in the normal way and then at some point lose my email I am writing - who knows.

0 Ratings
mm2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 32

Go to solution

my BTYahoo mail has remained signed in for OVER FOUR HOURS so far today!!!  please tell me someone at BT has ACTUALLY LISTENED and done something constructive instead of making up excuses and contradictions???

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 27 of 32

Go to solution

Hi all,  

Yes, the Email team have listened to the feedback and have increased this from 2 hours to 18 hours Smiley Happy

Cheers

Sean 

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
susanem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 32

Go to solution

Great news!! I have been logged in for over 5 hours so far. Long may it continue!!!

0 Ratings
mm2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 32

Go to solution

Yay!  Result!!!  thanks to everyone who kicked off about this, I couldn't get BT to listen to me, they just kept saying it 'couldn't be changed' 

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 32

Go to solution

@SeanDwrote:

Hi all,  

Yes, the Email team have listened to the feedback and have increased this from 2 hours to 18 hours Smiley Happy

Cheers

Sean 

@SeanD,

Nice one!. So they do listen to some us after all. To be fair 18 hours might be a bit if an over reaction but please don't change on my behalf. I like being more in control of my system and can log out appropriately myself.

0 Ratings